Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
amk0518
Registered Users
seller

Would you try Gentlease?

My two week old is formula fed and has been doing well on the regular generic Enfamil (Sam's Club). Yesterday though she had a poopy diaper that had some mucosy, bloody streaks. We happened to be waiting to see the doctor for her two week check up when she had this diaper so I showed it to her. She said to watch her and if it kept up to try the gentlease version. I have changed several poopy diapers since and two had the same streaks but the one I changed this morning did not. The baby is not fussy, does not seem excessively gassy and does not spit up a lot. I hate to mess with her formula but the streaks obviously are scary. Her poop still resembles EBF poo--mustard cottage cheese like--not like a formula fed babies poop.

Advertisement

amk0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: Would you try Gentlease?

I'd go to Similac Sensitive - if she can tolerate store brand - try the Walmart version. I preferred it and it mixes better for me. I'm not an enfamil person but my son refuse the formula - its a good formula for many.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I might wait a little longer as long as baby seems happy and there is no weight gain issues. Has baby had a runny nose at all? My daughter at that age had some mucousy stools, but they cleared up in a week or two. I even freaked out and went off dairy (I BF DD2, but FF DD1), but it didn't seem to make a difference. I think for DD2 maybe the mucous could have been left over birth stuff??? If it keeps up on a regular basis I would switch though.
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

I BF and supplemented...We had DD on similac originally and she had horrible gas and reflux...tried the similac sensitive and AR and finally just said forget it and used gentlease...loved it...target has a store version if you are trying for a bit cheaper.
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote