Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyway I can stop HATING my daughter's hair :(

My daughter chopped her hair off yesterday...completely butchered it

We had to cut it off to her SHOULDERS. It was mid way down her back.

I hate her hair cut...really, I hate it.

From a 'hair cut' stand point it's not that bad. It's completely even and she's not missing a huge chunk from anywhere but the bottoms but I still HATE it. I dislike short hair on little girls.

I know it will grow out but that's going to take SOOOOO long, her hair grows pretty slowly

And she has pictures for our HS group in 3 weeks and her hair is going to be in this hideous hair cut that I hate

I love HER, but I can barely brush her hair or even look a her without wanting to bawl because the hair cut is just horrible.

Everyone else says it's adorable but I can't stand it

Help!!

before (she was dressed up to go to a Fancy Nancy tea party, lol)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...5&l=98ff679853

Now

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...5&l=8483aec411

Advertisement

Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)

Last edited by MamaNae; 09-22-2011 at 11:20 AM.
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyway I can stop HATING my daughter's hair :(

Can you pretty it up with some hair bows or cute clippies or something?
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's too short to do anything with now
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
Old 09-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think I can't help you. I just think it's really sad I think only you can help you. You need to just get over it! Maybe I'm being harsh, but this seems a bit ridiculous to me! What's the big deal anyways? I can understand not loving short hair on girls, but hating it??? And shoulder length isn't even short! My hair is just past my shoulders and as far as I'm concerned, it's pretty long! Longest I've had it since middle school.

Is it just the length you hate or is it the actual cut? Maybe you need to get it cut again. I know...probably not your idea of a good solution. But if it's just a plain old even shoulder length cut, maybe you need to have something a little more interesting done with it. Maybe some angles or layers cut into it.

Also, if you're feeling this way (even if you're not voicing your opinion) your DD is likely going to sense your negativity. Lighten up. It's just hair.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNae View Post
It's too short to do anything with now
Shoulder length and you can't put any clips or anything in it???? You make it sound like she's bald.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's the length of my daughter's hair. She is 4, and we never cut her hair...it has just taken AGES to grow out

Try pulling up the sides. We can do that and still put a pretty bow on top. She's got bangs too.

I'm sorry, mama! A friend of mine has a hair-cutting child too, and she cries a lot over her hair.
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh no! I LOVE her new hair!! It looks so much thicker and very healthy. I'm sure once you get over the shock it will be ok. DD1 had hair almost to her waist and cut it to her hairline to donate. I have no hair attachment and I still almost barfed.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

My daughter's hair is about that length, and I can put it in pigtails
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You definitely CAN do cute stuff with her hair, so don't cry! Get some of the Scunci tiny no-snag elastics: they grab even the finest tiny baby hair. DD barely has hair to her ears but I can do pigtails, a ponytail, or a topknot. Nothing's cuter than a little girl in pigtails! The big flowery headbands look cute with short hair, too.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I suck at doing hair anyway, I can do pony tails, pig tails, braid (a straight, normal braid, nothing fancy like French braid or fish tail braid or none of that, just the Right over middle, left over middle, right over middle, lol) and that's about it now I don't know what to do with it...I never did those stiff sticky out pony tails when her hair was shorter except if we were being silly LOL

I'm not opposed to short hair in general, I got my hacked off recently and it doesn't even touch my chin. I have had long hair my entire life...I just don't care for it on little girls...the hair at the bottom (the stuff she hacked off) was the hair she was BORN with...it's been with her her entire life, she's never ever had a hair cut...I didn't want to even trim it for a couple years And now it's just gone...