Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #71
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:
Re: Anyway I can stop HATING my daughter's hair :(

I'm glad you're warming up to it now

My 8yo has ALWAYS had short hair and she LOVES it! As soon as it starts to hit her shoulders she asks for a haircut. (her sisters are total opposites and hate haircuts)

This is a pic from the last time I cut her hair a couple months ago (she's now due for another cut)

Advertisement

TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #72
MissyMia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I understand that you are upset about the hair, I probably would be too. I actually made the hair mistake with my 3 year old back in February when I tried to cut her beautiful long hair myself. She wouldn't keep still and by the time I got it even across I took it right up to above her shoulders. I even told her if she didn't stop moving she would look like a boy soon. Not my finest moment. Anyways, I also hated the hair cut I gave her, and we had to change the way we styled it for awhile. Now it has grown back some, very slowly, and I am still jealous of all the other littl egirls with longer hair. But, my dd's hair is nice and thick looking, and has stayed looking much nicer.

Oh and yesterday, my neice put a motorized train in my dd's hair, so we were very close to having to chop it off again. But 15 minutes worth of 4 adults working to free the hair, and we only lost a few chunks, that luckily were from under the top layer. Crisis averted!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #73
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that her hair needed to be at least trimmed. In the before pictures, I agree that it looked like it had dead ends and was scraggly. I think it looks healthier in the second picture. My dd who is 2 1/2 has hair shorter than your dd and we do ponytails and pigatails all the time. I bet it will grow out to look healthier now.

ETA: My dad always had a weird hair complex and always told my sister and I we would only be pretty with long hair. To this day, I now have no self esteem about my hair. I went to a wedding and had my hair straightened and it looked really cute, but it was hot and I put it in a long ponytail which looked elegant but my dad said "I guess I can tolerate it since it is hot". DH was so pissed, he said "why does he think he can still put you down in your 30's. It is just hair". So, I am just saying this because I know how much a parent's view of hair can affect you. I have a hard time going to events where my dad is because I think he judges my worth based on my hair.

Last edited by Vivhop98; 09-25-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Vivhop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #74
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

It could be worse, my lil sister wanted a buzz cut like our brothers, so when she was three she cut her hair TO HER SCALP on the top. My mom had no choice but to shave her head.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote