Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Registered Users
I need some help

My YDS is almost 3 and for a couple months he was using the potty about 95% of the time. Now he wants nothing doing with it. I have tried his training potty and the big potty with the toilet ring on it.
We had to bring him into the Dr. a couple weeks ago with rectal bleeding and with the issues he was having the Dr. asked if there was anything different happening and how often he was stooling. I mentioned that he is only pooping every 4 days and at one point he was using the potty but has stopped. He told me to stop trying to get him to go on the toilet.
My problem is he will go without diaper or undies until he has to go to the bathroom then he wants one on long enough to go in it. He knows he has to go before he goes but when I try to put him on the potty he freaks out. Should I just let it go for awhile longer or keep trying

Vaxing Circing Baby Wearing CDing SAHM To Gibson 10 Anna 9 and our little surprise Joseph 4
becky1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I need some help

One thing you could try is seeing if he would sit on the little potty while he has a diaper on. If he's been holding it or could be contipated, he might be scared to go, but he knows that diapers are a safe place to go. And it can help to sit on the smaller potty so he can have his feet on the floor for a bowel movement. But if he'll happily sit in the diaper on the potty, then you could work up to being comfortable going poop on the potty w/o a diaper on.
Also, you may already be doing this or you may think it's gross, but you could try taking him to the bathroom with you while you go #2, and seeing if he'll sit on his potty in there while you go. I know that's a little gross, and maybe it's different when you have a boy, but DD will often come sit on her potty while I go to the bathroom, and then we talk about going to the bathroom, etc.
Allison: married to Eb (7/15/06), mom to Jude Emily (4/27/09) and John Elbert (11/15/11), and Ande Mae (10/19/14).
allisoninfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:11 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I need some help

I am not sure not using the potty will help with rectal bleeding. I don't understand the thought behind that?

Potty training was honestly never easy in our house I don't know why.. I do think whatever you do, don't make it stressful. If he's not going to have a bm on the potty then don't push it for a while. I agree with the pp maybe he is scared it will hurt??
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote