Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
cassieJJ
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Sibling and hair questions (pic heavy)

Your ds's hair needs to be out of his face, so bangs at the very least. I love his hair though, but you can't really put it in pig tails to keep it out of his eyes if you kwim!

Anyways I don't know how they could get mistaken for twins at all. Honestly I don't think they even look the same and the height difference between the two is enough for that to be obvious. I am kinda shocked that people would assume they are on hair alone?

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think they look like twins because they are obviously not the same age, but they are definitely siblings. I like to let my kids decide what to do with their hair. I wasn't so strong with Kearnan's so he had some really traumatic hair cuts as a toddler before I finally put my foot down and said "enough". He didn't have a hair cut from 2.5 till he was 7.5 and he had some really long hair by then. His hair is long again now at 10 though I just cut it some because he had the under side shaved for a while and I just finally cut the top to get what was left of the double layers back to the same length. Tharen grew his long like your ds's until he was 2.5 and got tired of it. His was really wild and curly. To keep it out of his face I parted it down the middle which helped some or put it up in a pony tail which really helped, or Kearnan loves pigtails. You can also use clips but it does make them look more like a girl. I think it was having his hair always wild in his face that made Tharen want to cut it. He went with a mohawk for a long time and now has an Oi like mine. Now he has short hair all over except his bangs that hang in his face all of the time. We put clips on them to hold them back out of the way.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Love the hair! And I don't think they look like twins.

My ds has LONG hair. I mean long (down his back long).

I wouldn't cut it if you like it. Ds never complains about his hair in his face, I just make sure to brush it out of his eyes.

I livelong hair on little boys
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #14
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Beautiful babies!!!

I don't think they look like twins and I LOVE your son's hair. I wouldn't cut it, personally, as long as it doesn't bother him. My son has always had long hair. He's 5 and has curly hair past his shoulders. I never cut bangs on him since I don't care for them on boys and his hair just eventually became trained to stay to the side. He gets SO many compliments on his beautiful, long hair.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
Thismomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, definitely not twins They're adorable! And I love the hair! The curls are precious. I've always loved long hair on boys/guys/men. Your daughter's hair color is amazing, too! It's so unusual to see hair with no pigmentation!
Old 09-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #16
CaylaEP
Registered Users
seller
seller

Def not on looking like twins! And I say no to cutting his hair. It looks almost identical to ds's! I love love long hair on boys and it looks like the bangs are almost to the length to go behind his ears. When we are at home I will sometimes put a bobby pin in ds's hair to train his bangs to stay to the side or in a boyish messy ponytail.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #17
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

They are definitely not twin-material!!

But honestly, I looked at the pictures, then read the text of your post, and was shocked to see that the younger one was a boy. I really, truly thought while looking at all the pics "aw, they are cute, they look like great sisters!" Then found out he's a boy! I do like boys with sorta long hair, but it has to look boyish, and the way its grown out looks very girly to me.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #18
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Adorable. Def. Not twins though.

I say cut the hair in a "boy" cut. But I don't like little boys with long hair at all after 18 months or so. I love buzz cuts on little boys.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #19
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not twins but definitely siblings.

I'm no help with the hair - DS has a buzz cut because I prefer short hair on boys.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #20
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Definitely not twins, but I get that all the time with my kids too - and they are 2 and 4.

My DS has long hair too, and we have had to deal with the hair in the face. I have cut it quite a few times, but that is just because it grows fast! He knows how to brush it out of his face, but honestly it doesn't seem to bother him. What I do is cut it in layers up the back (3) and then the top layer is how long the bangs are. It leaves the front shorter than the back, but doesn't look like a bowl cut. I tried cutting bangs once, and let me tell you, NEVER AGAIN!!! It looked awful!

Here is an example of my DS hair. It is longer right now, but the same cut.