Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #91
mommysaurusrex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have Alva's & LOVE them. I only need this diaper with the one insert it comes with & NO LEAKS! he sleeps through the night(9-7)
I have the bamboo inserts as well & like them - but they are tricky to stuff as a PP mentioned.
Overall I love them & sooo inexpensive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3901921312.jpg (6.1 KB, 158 views)

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #92
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

I don't stuff my bamboo inserts, I just lay them in the diaper and use it like an AI2.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #93
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post
I don't stuff my bamboo inserts, I just lay them in the diaper and use it like an AI2.
I think I will try this... they are pretty annoying to try to stuff.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #94
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post
OH! GOOD idea!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #95
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

So far I'm loving these! I got one diaper that has a bad snap, and one insert that has the one layer of fabric not sewn, but all in all I'm pretty pleased.

I did find that the bamboo diapers fit smaller than the suedecloth inner diapers. Anybody else notice that? They still fit my DS, they just have to be on the last waist snap setting.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #96
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am actually finding that my minky ones fit bigger then my PUL ones. I didn't buy any of the bamboo ones so I can't compare those. I am totally in love with them though. I can't wait to buy more.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #97
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Morning two with our Alvas... I had to work all day yesterday so today is my first day to try them all day. This morning, I thought I'd try one of our PUL solids to compare the fit to the minkys and fleece inners. I actually thought it fit pretty similar to the fleece inner diaper, but maybe a tad smaller than the minkys. DS is almost on the smallest waist snaps without crossing over and the 2nd hip snap. I also noticed that our "small giraffe" print minky is huge compared to all of the other minky diapers we have. Like 1.5 to 2 inches longer. Here is DS rockin' the purple:

And in his owl leggings... these are one of my favorites.

BTW, DH hasn't even mentioned the sudden influx of diapers... I know he has noticed, but I guess it's not worth mentioning at this point.

Last edited by maymommy10; 09-25-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #98
Levi_Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymommy10 View Post
Morning two with our Alvas... I had to work all day yesterday so today is my first day to try them all day. This morning, I thought I'd try one of our PUL solids to compare the fit to the minkys and fleece inners. I actually thought it fit pretty similar to the fleece inner diaper, but maybe a tad smaller than the minkys. DS is almost on the smallest waist snaps without crossing over and the 2nd hip snap. I also noticed that our "small giraffe" print minky is huge compared to all of the other minky diapers we have. Like 1.5 to 2 inches longer. Here is DS rockin' the purple:

And in his owl leggings... these are one of my favorites.

BTW, DH hasn't even mentioned the sudden influx of diapers... I know he has noticed, but I guess it's not worth mentioning at this point.
Love it! I love the leggings and didn't even think of getting leggings for DS!!! Thanks for the pics - so cute and I love the purple on him!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #99
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi_Elizabeth View Post
Love it! I love the leggings and didn't even think of getting leggings for DS!!! Thanks for the pics - so cute and I love the purple on him!!!
Thanks! I thought the leggings would be good for around the house and as pajamas. They do look super comfy. They'd probably also work as an extra layer under jeans for winter, as they fit pretty snug (and we live in a cold place). I really love everything we ordered. I could easily make a whole stash of these as long as they hold up okay. Even if they didn't, at $3/diaper, I could buy 5 or 6 for the same cost as one of my other pockets.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #100
mommacissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh now I'm kicking myself for not getting some leggings! Lol those are too cute
mommacissy is offline   Reply With Quote