Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #131
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2x View Post
Ok, so I put a SC alva on the middle rise and 2nd leg snap and only 1 or 2 snaps showing on the waist and there was no gapping when I put it on him. I took pics but wont be able to upload them until nap time. My worry is he will have gaps after he moves around in it because his waist is so skinny and he is a very active toddler. I will take pics before I change again if it does gap.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad, please excuse the autocorrect typos
I only have 1 Alva, so far and it's bamboo and I love it and plan to buy quite a few suedecloth ones in a co-op, this week but now I'm growing concerned that maybe the fit won't be the same. DS won't be able to tolerate the fleece inners at all so I won't even consider ordering those. Does anyone have experience with both the bamboo and the suedecloth? Is the fit the same?

Advertisement

Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #132
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel=

I only have 1 Alva, so far and it's bamboo and I love it and plan to buy quite a few suedecloth ones in a co-op, this week but now I'm growing concerned that maybe the fit won't be the same. DS won't be able to tolerate the fleece inners at all so I won't even consider ordering those. Does anyone have experience with both the bamboo and the suedecloth? Is the fit the same?
I think the fit is almost identical. They are the same size for the most part. There is one minky print (giraffe) that we have that is huge compared to the others. But all of the others (suedecloth and bamboo) I have are exactly the same size and fit the same for us.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #133
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymommy10 View Post
I think the fit is almost identical. They are the same size for the most part. There is one minky print (giraffe) that we have that is huge compared to the others. But all of the others (suedecloth and bamboo) I have are exactly the same size and fit the same for us.
WooHoo! Thanks!
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #134
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
^ this exactly! I can't wait to order more!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #135
MarchMama2x
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So here are the pics! No gaps today, but they left red marks

IMG_3813 by Karol Quinn Photography, on Flickr

IMG_3814 by Karol Quinn Photography, on Flickr

IMG_3815 by Karol Quinn Photography, on Flickr

IMG_3816 by Karol Quinn Photography, on Flickr

after 2 hours of wear... they aren't terrible red marks, but I still hate seeing them:

IMG_3817 by Karol Quinn Photography, on Flickr
Old 09-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #136
Levi_Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2x View Post
So here are the pics! No gaps today, but they left red marks

IMG_3813 by Karol Quinn Photography, on Flickr

IMG_3814 by Karol Quinn Photography, on Flickr

IMG_3815 by Karol Quinn Photography, on Flickr

IMG_3816 by Karol Quinn Photography, on Flickr

after 2 hours of wear... they aren't terrible red marks, but I still hate seeing them:

IMG_3817 by Karol Quinn Photography, on Flickr
I see exactly what you are saying and they just don't seem to be the great fit I know I am getting! They look like how FBs fit DS2 right now. Hope someone else has some ideas!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #137
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi_Elizabeth

I see exactly what you are saying and they just don't seem to be the great fit I know I am getting! They look like how FBs fit DS2 right now. Hope someone else has some ideas!
I agree...the fit looks a bit awkward. Are you able to unsnap the rise but still get a snug fit? That would be my next suggestion as it may give a little more room through the hips. While I can use the middle rise with DS, I think we get more comfortable and roomy fit on the higher rise. His waist is even tinier and thighs about the same, so it is a little harder to get the perfect fit.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #138
MarchMama2x
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was getting the leg gaps with the largest rise ... But I will try that again next change. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPad, please excuse the autocorrect typos
Old 09-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #139
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I agree...the fit looks a bit awkward. Are you able to unsnap the rise but still get a snug fit? That would be my next suggestion as it may give a little more room through the hips. While I can use the middle rise with DS, I think we get more comfortable and roomy fit on the higher rise. His waist is even tinier and thighs about the same, so it is a little harder to get the perfect fit.
^this. But I will say for some reason if I don't use a regular insert and try to use a flat or something my diapers fit really odd as well for some reason...I don't know if it's the way I fold it or what though!

Hope you figure something out though!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
Old 09-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #140
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel= View Post
Oh no! So sorry you're having a problem with the fit. I just got my first alva (bamboo) and it fits FANTASTIC! He's over 26lbs and 31 inches long at 9 months. These are super gentle on his thunder thighs. I'm ordering more through a co-op asap! Here's a pic of him wearing it and playing with his other clean diapers.

OMG HOW FREAKING ADORABLE!