Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #191
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive View Post
DS will be in Alva all day today! Here we go!

I started out with 2 bamboo inserts, and it was just way too bulky for my taste.

So then I took one out, and this is with just one bamboo insert folded over in front. MUCH trimmer!

DS is 7 months old today- >95th% height, and 75-90% weight.
OMGoodness he is adorable, crawling like that already.... The diaper looks great, even the double doesn't look too too bulky (maybe for night).

Great pic's hope we see more... I will get some of dd today.

Advertisement

kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #192
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel= View Post
I FINALLY get to see a recent pic of your cutey! Looks like I'm not the only mama with such a BIG little guy!
DS is 9months, 97th for height and weight and these Alvas really ROCK! He wears these fully unsnapped for the rise.
I put him in his Mickey print minky, this morning but he pooped before I could get an action shot!
I had a hard time getting the bamboo insert to fit in the pocket without bunching so I layed it in and added a hempbabies doubler to the pocket to pull away the wetness and it worked well for us. And OMG! the bamboo inserts spray off like a DREAM!
Aw, you are so sweet! I know, I really love these alva's for our big babies! I just layed the bamboo insert in mine as well, so I'm glad to hear they spray off really easily! I'm so glad you found an alternative to ragababe that will work for you!

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #193
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalibratx4 View Post
OMGoodness he is adorable, crawling like that already.... The diaper looks great, even the double doesn't look too too bulky (maybe for night).

Great pic's hope we see more... I will get some of dd today.

Thanks! He has been crawling for a month already. He pulls himself up all the time so I'm sure he will be an early walker too. I will definitely put more pics up throughout the day! Looking forward to yours as well!

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #194
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

I'll try to get more action shots today too... ALL of DS's Alvas are in the wash right now , but they should be dry by the time he finishes his nap. Love all of these cuties in their Alvas!
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #195
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique View Post
Are they just in snaps or do they come in APLIX too? I will have to go look at the site. (duh!) How about wing droop?
they just come in snaps on their site. i've read that if you contact them, they will do aplix.

i'll try to remember some pics today too.

we don't have any problems with wing droop.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #196
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymommy10 View Post
Did you end up ordering more or finding them on FSOT? We love these so much as well...thinking of making up a stash of these and BG AIO (for daycare) but am afraid to sell off everything else.
Working on it! There's a co-op going, right now that's closing in a couple days so I'm on a mission to SELL!
I'm trying to sell a few of my wahmies to fund more of these. I'm still keeping some wahmies but they're starting to leave red marks in the groin area bc lo's legs are super duper chunky, right now. The Alvas are gentler.... he wears them fully unsnapped in the rise at only 9months old. I actually found a minky Mickey print of FSOT and used it this morning... stuffed with a hempbabies and layed the bamboo inserts on top and it worked very well. Unfortunately, ds decided to poo in it before I could get a good action pic.
The minky are a little bulkier than the pul but I expected as much. Was really surprised that the suedecloth didn't bother ds at all. I'm still adjusting to using hip snaps, though.
I figure ds should start trimming up a little since he just started crawling over the weekend but we'll see...
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #197
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel= View Post
Working on it! There's a co-op going, right now that's closing in a couple days so I'm on a mission to SELL!
I'm trying to sell a few of my wahmies to fund more of these. I'm still keeping some wahmies but they're starting to leave red marks in the groin area bc lo's legs are super duper chunky, right now. The Alvas are gentler.... he wears them fully unsnapped in the rise at only 9months old. I actually found a minky Mickey print of FSOT and used it this morning... stuffed with a hempbabies and layed the bamboo inserts on top and it worked very well. Unfortunately, ds decided to poo in it before I could get a good action pic.
The minky are a little bulkier than the pul but I expected as much. Was really surprised that the suedecloth didn't bother ds at all. I'm still adjusting to using hip snaps, though.
I figure ds should start trimming up a little since he just started crawling over the weekend but we'll see...

I bet he will... my DS was 95th percentile for height (still is about 90th) and 80th percentile for weight up until about a year. He really didn't crawl or walk until after he was a year old, but could pull up on things if he could get to them. He has slimmed down quite a bit in the last few months, but is still tall. He wears his on the highest rise as well because he's always had a long rise. I don't imagine that he will outgrow the rise though as these are fairly generous. I just noticed that the bumblebee print you first ordered is now offered in the "regular" diaper (likely suedecloth inner) and has hip snaps. Just in case you didn't see that. Do you get any wing droop on the diaper that doesn't have hip snaps? Oh, and I find the Alva suedecloth much softer than other suedecloth I've encountered. I think BG suedecloth can be a little rough sometimes and cause the "suedecloth sensitivities". Glad these are working well for you!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #198
Levi_Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymommy10 View Post
Did you end up ordering more or finding them on FSOT? We love these so much as well...thinking of making up a stash of these and BG AIO (for daycare) but am afraid to sell off everything else.
I am using 20 Alvas this week exclusively in hopes by Friday I can start selling the excess! I am seriously in love with these diapers!!! I have been searching for a diaper love for 2 and half years, but my stack of 50 some FBs is now clean and piled in the laundry room and waiting for a decision.
How long do you wait before you sell off other diapers ladies?

On a side note - I just ordered a bunch more and my SIL had bought 36 from the last co-op. I asked her if she wanted to order more with me and she said yes! She came over last night and said she wanted 25 more! I told her that was crazy and she said, but that is how many you will have - LOL! They are so cheap I am stock piling and I have already given 20 some to expecting friends. I can't help it.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #199
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Now you have me thinking. Because DS needs daycare diapers, and I think hip snaps are just too difficult for my DCP who had no previous CD experience, I may be able to use the S series Alvas I ordered for daycare. I ordered 7, but haven't received them yet. With the multicolored snaps at the waist, I can easily tell her how to fasten the snaps. Hmm... I may be able to get away with an all Alva stash after all. I may just save a few aplix diapers for DH. He doesn't mind snaps though... I just think the hip snaps are annoying for him.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #200
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi_Elizabeth View Post
How long do you wait before you sell off other diapers ladies?
i'd start selling now. you can always leave the $ in pp if you need to fund more diapers in the future. you'd have to be more disciplined than me to let $ actually stay in pp.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote