Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #211
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

Oh, and I'm selling about half of my stash to fund my alva order. Once I get them, I may sell the rest of my stash but probably not.

I already have 2 alvas and 1 bamboo insert.....ordering 24 more alva pockets and 39 inserts. Now that I see that rock print IRL, I may HAVE to add 2 more pockets.

UPDATE: ordering 28 more pockets and 40+ bamboo inserts. My goal is to have enough to get through half a week before having to do diaper laundry so if we go on vacation to visit my family for a week I'll only need to wash once in the middle of the week.

Advertisement

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 10-04-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #212
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You all are so funny about the rock print! I have several that I ordered that I don't really like in real life, including the jeans print and a bunch of solids. They are still sitting in the package- I think I'm going to sell them and buy some more prints I love.

I already have a huge stack of diapers to sell- but I keep making excuses to not list them. Now I have a friend that is about to start CDing (who also has really big kiddos) but they also have super sensitive skin. So now I want to let her borrow a bunch of them so she can figure out what works for her before I sell! Excuses, excuses!

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #213
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also want to hear about the S series- I think the black one with the multicolored snaps is super cute- but I generally don't like double leg gussets- I hated them on rumparooz. Any opinions?

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #214
Mommax2in2006
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I already paid for another order even with my 2 Delaminatin issues (which i think was a fluke and bad PUL) because my others are GREAT!!

Finally AFTER A YEAR of searching i finally found something that doesnt dig into my little girls chubby thighs and fits PERFECT!! She still fits on the smallest rise snaps whereas she was on the LARGEST rise snaps on the Sunbaby's
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #215
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am shocked with how much 1 bamboo insert holds. We survived another nap with just one insert without a leak!

Here is Alva #4 today:

Old 10-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #216
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i prepped mine yesterday and decided to try them out on ds even tho they are huge. i was pleasently suprised! they are a little loose on the legs but didn't leak even tho super soaked with urine. don't think they'll hold poo yet so here you go if anyone wants to see a newbie in alva! ds is 3 1/2wks old about 9lbs and 22 in

Old 10-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #217
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Such a cutie pie, ebandive. I was able to take a few pics of DS after his nap. First I put the giraffe minky on. This is the one I mentioned was way bigger than all of my other Alvas. No matter what I do, it just fits WEIRD. I can use it on the smallest or mid-rise, but the tabs are way too long and so no matter where I put the hip snaps, material just sticks out where it shouldn't.

Looks just fine when he's laying down:

But just wonky when he's standing... even on a higher rise, the front sticks out like this:

Royal star print (one of my faves) with one bamboo insert... MUCH better:

White w/animals (2 bamboo inserts for nap):

Owl leggings over the white animal diaper:

Already ordered more leggings so I will have a total of 12 pairs . They are great for around the house and will work well under pants for winter. DH washed them with towels though so they need a shave because they got all pilly.

Will be sure to post action shots of the S series as soon as I get them. Probably early next week.

Last edited by maymommy10; 10-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #218
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i also took some pics of the different alvas i have just because the cuts are quite different. i don't know what series each are but from left to right and then bottom to top they are pul/sc, minky/sc, pul/fleece. tried the pul/sc on ds and it was absurdly large compared to the others, lol!

Old 10-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #219
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkobus View Post
i prepped mine yesterday and decided to try them out on ds even tho they are huge. i was pleasently suprised! they are a little loose on the legs but didn't leak even tho super soaked with urine. don't think they'll hold poo yet so here you go if anyone wants to see a newbie in alva! ds is 3 1/2wks old about 9lbs and 22 in

That is amazing that these fit a newbie!! SOOOO cute!

Old 10-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #220
Mommax2in2006
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Im soooo glad to hear about the bamboo inserts (i just ordered 12 on a co-op) and was PRAYING that they were good quality and not bulky...im trying to sell of everything i dont use to fund more