Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #221
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymommy10 View Post
Such a cutie pie, ebandive. I was able to take a few pics of DS after his nap. First I put the giraffe minky on. This is the one I mentioned was way bigger than all of my other Alvas. No matter what I do, it just fits WEIRD. I can use it on the smallest or mid-rise, but the tabs are way too long and so no matter where I put the hip snaps, material just sticks out where it shouldn't.

Looks just fine when he's laying down:

But just wonky when he's standing... even on a higher rise, the front sticks out like this:

Royal star print (one of my faves) with one bamboo insert... MUCH better:

White w/animals (2 bamboo inserts for nap):

Owl leggings over the white animal diaper:

Already ordered more leggings so I will have a total of 12 pairs . They are great for around the house and will work well under pants for winter. DH washed them with towels though so they need a shave because they got all pilly.

Will be sure to post action shots of the S series as soon as I get them. Probably early next week.
Your DS has amazingly gorgeous blue eyes! That is wierd about the giraffe print. I really like that print and not sure why I didn't order it the first time. I wonder if the one I get will be super large? I won't really mind since Trip is so big already. I can't wait to see the S series!

Advertisement

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #222
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

are the other two pul/fleece?because mine are much smaller if u look at the comparison pics i posted.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #223
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive View Post
Your DS has amazingly gorgeous blue eyes! That is wierd about the giraffe print. I really like that print and not sure why I didn't order it the first time. I wonder if the one I get will be super large? I won't really mind since Trip is so big already. I can't wait to see the S series!
I think I'm going to post my giraffe to FSOT... I don't know if it's worth it though and maybe as DS grows it will fit better. May not be worth the $2 or whatever I would make from selling.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #224
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkobus View Post
are the other two pul/fleece?because mine are much smaller if u look at the comparison pics i posted.
They are, but this giraffe one is crazy big. I have multiple other minky/suedecloth Alvas, and ONLY the giraffe is huge. Let me take a pic:

Both are fully unsnapped... left is cow minky, and right is "small giraffe". There is a larger giraffe print that may be the smaller size. If so, I'd rather have that one.

Also wanted to mention, I was talking to DH about selling a bunch of our other diapers. He says, "The only ones I don't really like are those ones with like a million snaps." Yep, he's talking about the Alvas. I do have to keep him in mind because he is home with DS when I'm working, and changes quite a few diapers. I'm keeping some of our BG until I get the S series. I think those snaps will be a bit simpler for him.

Last edited by maymommy10; 10-03-2011 at 03:10 PM.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #225
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

wow! that is a HUGE difference. i better go check my giraffe!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #226
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

all of the ones i have right now are minky too and the size does vary. i have the small giraffe print one too. i'm not sure if it varies quite that much with mine though. a few of them are larger though.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #227
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can someone pretty please pm me where the open co-op is for these?
Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #228
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymommy10 View Post
I think I'm going to post my giraffe to FSOT... I don't know if it's worth it though and maybe as DS grows it will fit better. May not be worth the $2 or whatever I would make from selling.
I'm just going to order it off the other co-op so it saves some on shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyCentric View Post
Can someone pretty please pm me where the open co-op is for these?
Done!

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #229
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ummm... I was just trying to find reviews for the S series, and stumbled upon the GoGreen Champ. Is this the exact same diaper with a different label? It sure looks like it. I keep reading good things about these diapers, but that is crazy that they charge twice as much!

Old 10-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #230
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Finally I got some pic's of dd this morning.... I got this animal one just by chance (someone didn't want) and really like it. I do think the fleece ones are a tiny bit bulkier.

her leggings LOVE THEM! (check out her thighs lol)

and for a fun photo op Zebra Minky oh and they all have 1 bamboo insert (need more of these)

kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote