Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #371
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:
Re: TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS! "S" Series Picture #331!

WOW I can't believe I read every single post on this thread. Yall had me hooked. LOL I can't believe how cheap these are. I will def be adding these to my stash once I start buying some diapers. I'm still in the research phase... Thanks for all the info girls!

Advertisement

Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #372
MegBee
Registered Users
seller

Anyone else having leak issues with Alvas? I use a hemp insert in the pocket and so far it always leaks through the PUL around the legs. My little dude isn't a very heavy wetter either and it's happened 3/3 times. Bought it new and we don't have build up issues. Glad I have my 'ol trusty SoftBums and BGE's around...but kinda bummed I ordered like 7 more of these and not sure if they're going to work. They're trim though Maybe I'll see how it goes when I get the others that have the bamboo inserts.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #373
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegBee
Anyone else having leak issues with Alvas? I use a hemp insert in the pocket and so far it always leaks through the PUL around the legs. My little dude isn't a very heavy wetter either and it's happened 3/3 times. Bought it new and we don't have build up issues. Glad I have my 'ol trusty SoftBums and BGE's around...but kinda bummed I ordered like 7 more of these and not sure if they're going to work. They're trim though Maybe I'll see how it goes when I get the others that have the bamboo inserts.
Is the insert completely filling.the pocket? Do you have any other inserts to try with it? We haven't had issues but I have a toddler which could make a difference fit-wise. Does the PUL look okay? I have only had one of 20-something delaminate so far, and Alva replaced it.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #374
mommacissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For anyone who has ordered directly from their site...how long did it take to get your stuff? My order on their site says "delivered" but it most certainly has not been delivered to me! LOL I was just wondering what that meant...
mommacissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #375
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegBee View Post
I agree with what PP said about it and also is the hemp absorbing fast enough? I tried hemp a few times in ours and it just didn't absorb fast enough and caused everything to get soaked. UGH!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #376
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't had any leaks at all! Have you tried laying the insert in rather than stuffing it? That might work better. Or you could stuff with a prefold to insure the inside is covered.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #377
MegBee
Registered Users
seller

I'll try it with something else and see how it goes. I'd prefer to use it a pocket instead of laying something in there but we'll see I can try both.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #378
paaschjc
Registered Users
seller

I've only used the S series ones as my others ones are still enroute. I've had no leak problems. I am currently using them with my 6 month old as a nighttime diaper and it is stuffed with a hemparoo prefold, and two babykicks hemparoos or happy heinys stuffin with the extra insert). It is packed full and she looks pretty funny but she stays dry for 12 hours and that includes several night nursings.

I hope the regular alvas work as well. I am very pleased with the diapers and the quality seems really good. Certainly on par with Fuzzy Bunz which is what my current stash consists of. as soon as my order of regular alvas comes in, it is bye bye FBs. I am tired of the plain colors and the high prize tag as well as the delamination issues. You just can't beat the price tag of these alvas.
paaschjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #379
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I HATE FB's..the sizing is horrible on them! The size smalls still have yet to fit my 9 month old! WTF?

Still totally in love with my alvas though!..which are currently in the wash LOL
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #380
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Any word from katedanzer? I'm so anxious to get my Alva order; it's really messing with my sleep.

Please Mr. Postman comes to mind!
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote