Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #421
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS! "S" Series Picture #331!

My son once upon a time had chicken legs. Now he has thunder thighs and gets really bad chafing with most of his diapers. The only diapers that do not cause chafing our BGE's and ALVA'S!!! I LOVE our Alva's!! The elastic is so gentle, but doesn't cause leaks! I love it! I wash on hot and so far none have delaminated. I have all suedecloth inners, a mix of minky and PUL. No bamboo diapers, but all I use are the bamboo inserts. I'm still in the process of converting them to AI2's, so for the time being I just fold one bamboo insert in half and lay it in the wet zone, that's all we need for 3 hours.

JKTexas- I think if you read through the posts all of your questions have already been answered- with pictures. These run bigger than most OS diapers. The S series has double gussets like rumparooz. People do have problems with delamination when washing on hot, but if you report it to Alva they will replace it. These are (in my opinion) excellent quality for the price.

Advertisement

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #422
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay Im considering cutting my bamboo inserts and making them Ai2 but my consider is DD is on the smallest snap setting right now..and if I got them too short they might not work when she goes into the bigger settings...oorr am I just over thinking this?
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #423
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotmywings View Post
Okay Im considering cutting my bamboo inserts and making them Ai2 but my consider is DD is on the smallest snap setting right now..and if I got them too short they might not work when she goes into the bigger settings...oorr am I just over thinking this?
I say do it and you can always but more later on if you run into that problem.
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #424
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrijodo View Post
I say do it and you can always but more later on if you run into that problem.
OKay..im sold LOL now I have to wait till pay day to buy me some snaps and some pliers! woohoo
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
Old 10-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #425
Levi_Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want to see more action shots of what you guys are doing with the snaps and the bamboo inserts. I saw some, but I am still not fully getting it.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #426
GreysBumatomy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTexas View Post
Do these fit well on smaller babies? Do they all have leg gussets? Do laundering problems or problems with buildup or delaminating? Good quality? Anyone have pics on a smaller baby?
12lbs - almost 4 mo old
Stuffed with a Bamboo insert

Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #427
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG HE IS SOOO PRECIOUS!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #428
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a dream last night and am putting it into action today. I'm modifying some bamboo inserts!
I'm cutting 1 insert in half and sewing each half to a separate insert (flap-style) so I'll have double protection in the front only for ds and they'll still be super easy to wash.
I just lay in the inserts so no snaps or pliers needed. Now I'll have 2 modified inserts to test before making more.
I can't wait to test these!

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 10-30-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #429
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

Not an action shot, but just took a pic of all of my clean Alvas...there are quite a few in the diaper pail. Once I get the rest from the most recent co-op, I will have a rainbow. Will post more then. I'm really loving these, all styles fit great on DS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20111030_143846.jpg (18.6 KB, 153 views)
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #430
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi_Elizabeth View Post
I want to see more action shots of what you guys are doing with the snaps and the bamboo inserts. I saw some, but I am still not fully getting it.
Was it my pictures that you saw? I'll see if I can post more pictures- or would a video might be better?

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote