Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #51
heidip2p
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM! :Alva POST YOUR ACTION SHOTS!

I have been collecting Sunbaby pockets but after trying a few Alva's I love the fit so much better.

Advertisement

heidip2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #52
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOOK AT HOW TRIM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
So the fleece inners run a bit smaller? Is the elastic gentle on those too? How can I find the fleece inner ones? Does the PUL delaminate quickly? Sorry for all the questions but I've been dying to try these! My little guy is really allergic to BG suedecloth but does wonderful with our Bummis microfleece liners, so I think we'd only be able to try the fleece inners. Plus he's only 6 weeks so I'd want the smaller version anyway.

ETA: Do the minky ones wick at all?
okay DD wore the minky one for 2 hours only a slight wicking issue on the right leg. BUT I think it is where I didn't have the insert in properly all the way. I have one more minky one I am going to try out today and I will see if that one has the same issue or not.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #53
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Here are some pictures of my DS in his first ALVA. We will see if it holds for nap time!

He is 25 months old, 36 inches tall, and 31 lbs. I have the diaper on the medium rise setting, and he still has one more waist and hip snap on each side! I'm impressed how these fit so well! I just hope they hold up to washing! Oh, and it has one bamboo insert in it. Anyone else found those bamboo inserts kinda hard to stuff with? They are all slinky and floppy and hard to get to lay flat! LOL!

Old 09-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #54
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I might be wrong, but I believe that you should wash diapers on warm. The water in your washer can't get hot enough to sanitize anyway. As long as you are using CD approved detergent and stripping every once in awhile you should be fine. I understand completely about wanting to wash on hot. I was lurking a bit, I'm not big on pocket diapers, but these look nice. I hope they run a coop again.
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #55
Chris10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just a thought on the hot washing issue... in other countries, such as those in Europe, hot washing is HOT and it is rough on clothes. I don't know about China, but perhaps you shouldn't wash in super hot water, but most American hot washers won't damage the dipes?
Chris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #56
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris10 View Post
Just a thought on the hot washing issue... in other countries, such as those in Europe, hot washing is HOT and it is rough on clothes. I don't know about China, but perhaps you shouldn't wash in super hot water, but most American hot washers won't damage the dipes?
it really depends on a number of factors and where you live. my hot water heater is set on really really low but the water can get so hot sometimes that i have burned my hand in the sink once (obviously not bad but you get what i'm saying) i live in Arizona where water is naturally pretty warm here. I only wash on warm because my hot water is really really rough on stuff. (but great for sterilizing my SO uniforms lol)
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
Old 09-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #57
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me View Post
Here are some pictures of my DS in his first ALVA. We will see if it holds for nap time!

He is 25 months old, 36 inches tall, and 31 lbs. I have the diaper on the medium rise setting, and he still has one more waist and hip snap on each side! I'm impressed how these fit so well! I just hope they hold up to washing! Oh, and it has one bamboo insert in it. Anyone else found those bamboo inserts kinda hard to stuff with? They are all slinky and floppy and hard to get to lay flat! LOL!

OMG SOO CUTE!

i do agree on the bamboo insert! I have a tough time stuffing my pockets with them as well. lol
Old 09-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #58
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

anyone have pics of these on a skinny minny I want to try them but not sure how they'll fit my 24 month, 21 lbs ds.

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #59
mommacissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is my first Alva!! Love love love the minky It is so soft. DS wore it for about two hours with one joey bunz hemp insert and no wicking/leaking. And it is very trim, which I love. I'm on the lookout for something else to stuff them with though, as the hemp inserts aren't my fav. I have some of the bamboo ones too (from Kawaii but I heard they are the same) and I'm not a fan. I don't like how "slippery" they are, I don't feel like they stay put well enough.

Other than that, these diapers are great! Super cute (I have the jeans one too, and spongebob! lol) and seem like they are well made. I wash and dry everything on hot, I don't care, haha! Hopefully they hold up, if not I'm not out a ton of money.
mommacissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #60
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why do I open threads like this when I have absolutely no spending money at all?

These diapers are frickin' cuuuuuute!