Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Really absorbent diapers/pullups for 6 year old bedwetter?

I'm looking for something really absorbent that won't break the bank.

DS is almost 6 and has woken up dry a couple of times in his life. If he naps for more than 45 minutes he pees too. So, I'm not expecting him to outgrow the bedwetting for quite a while still. I think he sleeps too deeply and everything relaxes.

Currently, I buy size 6 diapers which fit him fine.... thankfully he doesn't know pullups exist, so he's okay wearing diapers still. (and they are cheaper, so I'm okay with that!) But still, a lot of mornings he wakes up with sheets and pajamas damp. I feel like I'm washing sheets and blankets all the time so his room doesn't stink.

Are there really absorbent pullups or diapers that don't break the bank? Are there medical type diapers that aren't a "brand" name that are cheaper?

Advertisement

DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Re: Really absorbent diapers/pullups for 6 year old bedwetter?

My DD has wet the bed until she was 10 yrs old. As a matter of fact, she has just today completed her first 2 full weeks dry nights and we have ventured into the "no pull-up, just panties-no mattress cover" scenario 2 nights ago

She did well in Huggies nighttime pull up. She also NEVER had a leak in the Motherease Bed Wetter Pull on Pant. It's a bit "poofy" but it TOTALLY does the job and if she wakes up dry, she uses it until she wets it. I hate how after a couple of nights, disposable pull ups get all "broken up" and then I don't trust them not to leak.

Good luck!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
joslin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We put a double layer wool soaker over a nighttime huggies size 6 for my 3yo. Try to find (or have something made) one that has a super high waist that pulls up really far. Get two of those and you will mostly not change the sheets, just be airing out a soaker every day. DS is a belly sleeper and the pee just mushes right out the top even if we fold the top down a little., so the soaker catches that.

If your LO is skinny you might be able to find one FSOT, I also know that Snap-Eze makes big kid pocket dipes, you could put one of those stuffed with a PF over his huggies.

joslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was going to suggest putting a cover over the diaper, too. If you can sew, I know there's a good fleece pull on pattern out there. What is it? Katrina soaker??