Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #61
cassieJJ
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Please help me understand...

This thread is really opening my eyes, especially for the people who offer their kids a variety of foods and are still picky! I do agree with the stages post too. All of us go through stages, I just didn't really put that with foods before.

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #62
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS is 4.5yo and is somewhat picky but luckily he loves things like fresh fruit and certain veg. He will surprise me from time to time, like the other day. I had just put some shredded left over chicken breast in the fridge for the next night's chicken pot pie. DS suddenly ran by with a handful! I was about to get irritated that he put dirty hands in the meat but caught myself. Instead, I offered him the rest of the meat. He ate almost the entire container. Anytime he's willing to try something, we encourage it. We also keep his favorite foods on hand.

DD will eat almost anything. If we eat it, she wants it. It's awesome. She's only 19 months but I really hope she doesn't outgrow it.

We're bad and don't do family meals. I cook dinner for me, DH, and DD and eat kinda scattered throughout the house. DS gets a few choices and then eats at the counter. I think the issue is that he's with Nana all week and she does the whole short order cook deal. When DS went to preschool, the teachers said he ate whatever they served. He goes once a week to my friend's daycare and she's never said he's refuses to eat.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote