Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #11
keowilliams
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diapers - what's working, what's not?

Nolan is 6 lbs. even right now, and very little of my stash fits.

Swaddlebees Nb Fitted are great and probably my favorites but I only have 3.

Grovia NB fit though they are bulkier than the Swaddles (not that everything isn't bulky).

My KL0's are too wide. The XS FBs are too big and the rise is too high. I'm hoping the few aplix FB XS' I have will fit once the cord comes off. I had some WAHMies that fit, but they leave red marks all over his legs so they are out.

I haven't tried my GMD Orange yet. I expect they will be way too big as are almost all the covers I have. So far if he's in a fitted, I've just gone coverless. Right now we are doing a mix of cloth and sposie since I only have 13 cloth that fit.

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #12
maranda1183
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is exactly what I came hoping to find. We are really struggling with this and washing every day because not much fits Dawsen right now. On Tuesday he weighed 6 lbs 6 oz.

The only diaper I am absolutely loving are my OS rumparooz! Perfect fit on smallest setting, seem to be comfortable around his legs, and never leak. Am ready to start trading off all other OS dipes! OS and Small FBs, OS happy hienys, nb WAHM AIOs, and all of my covers except for one RAR and one Starbrite? are huge!!

I have tons of green lined prefolds and they fit but probably wont for long and they are so bulky especially with the cover, so i feel like hes very uncomfortable!

Nb mutts are a good fit too but they just arent very absorbent. They seem to last about 10 mins on him before being totally soaked.

Anyone have RARs they dont like??
Old 09-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a bunch of different kinds and off the top of my head we reach for our Very Baby xs and small AIOs, mutts, KL0s and nb Snickelfritzs first. We use Thirsties duo 1 or bummis super brite as a cover over the fitteds.

Problem is I am doing laundry daily as my 20mo is in diapers too and that is getting old fast, lol. I think DH is going to pick up some sposies tonight to use alongside the cloth for Jet so I can get a small break in laundry.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #14
LilBeanBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been doing cloth and sposies because I don't have enough tiny fluff... Abigail's about 6lbs 10oz now, and just outgrew preemie Huggies sposies - she has a bum now!!

We're using mostly Rearz preemie/infant prefolds with a Bummis NB cover. The preolds fit well with a bikini twist or angel wing fold, but she soaks thru pretty fast, so I've had to double them up and then it's really bulky. I think they are 2X4X2 - if they had more in the centre they'd be better.

One of my friends made this lovely diaper. I don't know the pattern, but it's PUL outer, mf inner, and has a snap-in Zorb II doubler topped with suedecloth. This is my favourite!

I have a few knit fitteds a friend made us from the free JMP preemie pattern. hey have a lay-in bi-fold of some kind of fleecy stuff? They fit her on the smallest snap setting, but the leg elastic is not quite tight enough for her chicken thighs... The same friend also made some covers using the same pattern, and I made one too, but I think I need to add gussets - she leaks right out of them.

This is the JMP preemie cover I made - you can see it needs gussets:

I have 20 of the pfs and 4 fitteds, so that's between 14 and 20 changes, depending on whether I double up on the pfs or not, so we're washing lts. I really need to get/make something more.

sorry - pic overload...

http://www.LilBeanBaby.etsy.com
LilBeanBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #15
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm pretty much only using infant prefolds and flats we grew out of the preemie prefolds in the first couple of days. He is growing like a weed! I have 3 nb fitteds Zippidy's and they work about as well as the flats and prefolds. For covers I am using Flips and Kawaii or some WAHM fleece covers. Very simple stash that works so far......lol
Old 09-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #16
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

Laura...omg she is toooooo cute!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Theresa - I am stalking you. Two more days!!! I can't wait to see your announcement!
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #18
emilygood
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aw! Love the pictures! I need to get to mine soon!

I finally figured out what the prefolds are that I love so much. They are the Osocozy Better Fits in the infant size. They are much shorter so they aren't as bulky, but are still really thick and absorbent. Here's a link: http://www.clothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS/...lds-Unbleached

Owner of Mommy Secrets, a company dedicated to helping you find local and organic places to support a greener life for your family!
emilygood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #19
gringuitica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Max was born big (9 lbs, 3 oz) and regained his birth weight within the first week (he is an eater!), so now at three weeks, he is doing really well in all our small sized diaps. We're loving some WAHM small (6-13 lbs) fitteds with Dappi-style wraps & some of my wool. We also love our small Sandy's and MEOS. I really like our Softbums, but DH is having a harder time getting a good fit... I think it's because he doesn't do the "penis tuck," and then Max pees out of the diap. But we're learning!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #20
vjchristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband has made this topic a "scientific project"!

Born at 8 1/2 lbs, my 2 week old pees - A LOT! He quickly would soak the kissaluvs size 0 that we bought and would cry as soon as he wet them. He was also TOO BIG for Lil Joeys- his little butt would not be covered by them on the biggest setting

Kushies Diaper wrap, bought at Amazon leaked through and a bunch of WAHM covers were too small or didn't have gussets.

We are loving Bum Genius one size, Soft Bums Omni and Rumparooz -- although the Rumparooz seem low in the rise and probably won't fit too long.

He soaks through Sun Baby diapers but I'm not sure if that's because there are gaps in the legs or not. DH does not like Fuzzi bunz either. So, I've sold off my Lil Joeys & Kissaluvs. I'll probably hold off on selling my FB stash until he gets chunkier legs.

Sebastian Brian 9/9/11

High school science teacher working till I pop!
vjchristi is offline   Reply With Quote