Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #21
maranda1183
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diapers - what's working, what's not?

So bummed about this diaper, at least I bought it from baby half off (or mama bargains, dont remember which) and got it at a good price! Had to have it because it was so cute and my DH mentioned wanting one that looked like jeans. Maybe I just need more practice getting the inside all tucked in. As you can see, its hanging out and the diaper leaked within minutes!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-09-25 11.51.00.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	79890   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-09-25 11.51.08.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	79891  

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #22
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

love the fluff pics!!!
my little guy is long and lean. we are loving the gmd orange edge and klo's (with a doubler- hes a soaker) and thirsties xs covers. i'm actually not overly thrilled with wool at this point. bummer!
hate my little lions fitteds-super cute and soft but they gap at the legs and are barely large enough at the waist (thevelcro barely attaches). so dissapointed they are such a good deal- i wanted to love them. also hate my original bummis covers- who thought covers without gussets were a good idea??? lol!
we have a few aios bg xs grovia nb. they are...ok...i'm just not a fan of aio's but they are convienent when we are out and about!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #23
luciaannie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We started using swaddlebees pockets smalls yesterday, they are a little big and bulky but still fit under the cord which hasn't fallen off yet. Babe is 6 lbs 14 oz now. FB smalls are way too big yet. The best though are my nana bottoms NB (only have 2 though), should have bought more NB diapers or XS, oh well we're still doing a mix of disposables/cloth for now.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #24
ciles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm loving KLO's and prefolds! We've got some xs BG's but they aren't my faves. She always has her blowouts in those! But I do adores prefolds<3
Old 09-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #25
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Infant or small sized prefolds (any brand really) with a wool or fleece cover or one other type of really small cover I have that doesn't have a name on it so I don't know what it is. DH even loves these! I have some WAHM fitted too that work great (better with the leaky poop), Kissoluvs size 0 fitted too.

I have 2 Pocket Thirsties duos that you can adjust the size on, but I think he's so skinny that they don't work well - he pees through the spot make on the front of the dipe where it doesn't get close enough to his belly - I guess he'll grow into them!
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #26
p1gg1e
Registered Users
seller

I liked
bummis premee prefolds for under 8lbs.

Bummi newborn WW

Nylon pants

Mutt OS

BG OS

So far dont like:

BSRB - Not quick enough to get closed with squirmy baby

NB Mutt ( wide in the crotch , this is on my FSOT post :P)

-------
Id love some ideas on sice smalls that have a thin crotch on them seems everything is so wide in the middle.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #27
emilygood
Registered Users
seller
seller

Other then pfs and my SWW I am loving my Bummis Tini Fit and my Blissful Booty AIO

Both fit my skinny baby great. Other than that I am selling and had to buy...

Owner of Mommy Secrets, a company dedicated to helping you find local and organic places to support a greener life for your family!
emilygood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #28
grinnellian2001
Registered Users
seller

I've surprised myself by loving trifolded prefolds more than anything! And so does her dad, who does most of the diapering when he's home. I'm not sure the brands (some new, some used), but I think they are all infant size and do need some folding down in front. We have a bunch of KL0s and some homemade velcro fitteds that I got from another mama here but trifolding is just so much easier. We don't have a super-soaker, though, and have yet to have a blow out after a little over a week in cloth (she was born 9/26 and we CDed from day 2 at the hospital).

My favorite covers are the ones I made from the DD newborn pattern followed by our Thirsties XS and Bummis XS. She is not liking pull-on anything, so I'm afraid all the Katrina soakers (fleece and wool) I made for NB may be a wash! OH well...

I also have an assortment of xs pockets and some BG xs and Thirsties xs AIOs that we use for night time changes and they are fine, but irritated her cord stump more than I would like.

I'm hoping we catch the fitted bug a little later because I made a bunch of DD newborn fitteds in adorable patterns that just don't fit quite yet. She was born 7 lb 14 oz and is basically back to her birth weight, so about 8 lbs now but looong and skinny.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #29
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I finally got Cole to fit in some cloth. He has 4 small huggabuns pockets and a few of my old BGOS have tight enough leg elastic that they fit, but the majority of them don't. Oh and my Katydid (Oh Katy) pockets fit too. I don't have many that fit him, maybe 10 diapers, but that's better than nothing.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #30
TheKayla
Registered Users

My Mood:

I haven't mustered ip the courage to put Gunnar in the BG's that we have...

Yeah, I'm a chicken