Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Rant!

Yes I realize having my kids "closer" in age will be tough, I will be tired, and it will not be easy, but good Lord could my in laws be happy just for once.

Its not like you telling me how hard it's gonna be, and how we are gonna have our hands full is gonna change anything...

We are happy. We wanted this baby. Why is that so hard to comprehend? This is what we want. We are a family now. We have been together/married for 7 years..seriously your son is 33, I think he can make his own decisions.

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
beckis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sorry to lol, but family seems never to be happy! We had our 4 in 5.5 years - yep, 4 babies in 5.5 years....not as bad as most people think, but everyone tells us how horrible it must be! Lol! Our family actually asked if the last two were 'mistakes' - which ticked me off big time!

Just ignore them, you are the one taking care of your family and as long as you are happy, that's all that matters!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
cassieJJ
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Rant!

I absolutely found it comical that when I was just about to pop everyone had a horror story for me.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh phooey! I had two 15ish months apart. Yes. I was tired. I was tired with just having the one baby though. No. It was not easy. Being a parent isn't ever "easy." (unless you're doing it wrong)

Tell them to pass the bean dip. You can also simply respond by saying, "Thank you for realizing that extra support would be nice for us! How did you want to help out?" "Oh? You didn't want to help? Then don't make things harder with your negative talk."
Old 09-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Yes. I was tired. I was tired with just having the one baby though. No. It was not easy. Being a parent isn't ever "easy." (unless you're doing it wrong)

I love that my LOs are 13 months apart. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever
Oh phooey! I had two 15ish months apart. Yes. I was tired. I was tired with just having the one baby though. No. It was not easy. Being a parent isn't ever "easy." (unless you're doing it wrong)

Tell them to pass the bean dip. You can also simply respond by saying, "Thank you for realizing that extra support would be nice for us! How did you want to help out?" "Oh? You didn't want to help? Then don't make things harder with your negative talk."
Yep! Every bit of this post. Mine are 15 months apart. They're 3.5 & 2.5 now. They bicker about toys they both want to play with, but they are best friends. The only negative I can think of is my son doesn't like to do anything without his big sister with him. She is his social settings security blanket. If that's our only struggle, big deal.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #7
doodah
Registered Users
seller

oh just ignore them and surround yourself with people who ARE happy for you. congrats!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever

P.S. that blog post is awesome, and I need to print it off as a reminder to myself come holiday time with my dad's family. Really, I felt like it was dialogue between myself and my aunts.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My first two are 13 months apart and we loved it. We wanted 2 and 3 closer but we didn't get pregnant till DS2 was almost 1. We got our fair share of comments but we love our family and people need to figure out where to stick there opinions
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
JAG's baby mama
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Our first two are 12mos and 25 days apart and that is exactly how we planned it. We got a few comments at first, but once we said we planned it that way, most shut up.

I have LOVED it having these two close together. Not saying there haven't been moments where it was challenging, but really those moments didn't last long or we grew to understand what it took to get through that phase. It is soooo precious to have them this close in age.

You will do fine (even if it is because you HAVE to). Shut out all of the other noise.