Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question PO issue- item says delivered but i didn't get it

I bought some items from a WAHM and she shipped as promised (no issue there, Ive bought from her before and will again in the future)...BUT she got DC and it wasn't delivered to me, but is marked delivered! This package was approx $75 of goods...it was "delivered" on the 14th, and I'm 7 weeks prego and in the first trimester coma right now so just realized it'd been a while since I'd paid (for priority) and tracked it last night.

The small PO is closed here today. Should I go in Monday? Will they be able to tell me anything? The address was correct and she shipped off paypal. The city is right on Tracking, but it doesn't show the addy delivered to. I didn't have insurance, but I guess it doesn't matter anyways since it says delivered and I have no package to show for it.

Anyone had this happen? What happened? Did you get your items?

_______
update
No package for me i guess I called Monday, it's been three business days and no one has found my package.

I asked a few questions, so i would know if i was the seller and had this situation arise.

If it was insured, the shipper can file an insurance claim. Since it says delivered, both the shipper and intended receiver must give a sworn statement. Then the case is decided by a different department and she couldn't give any further info (for lack of knowledge). Unfortunately, mine was not.

Advertisement

Last edited by tygr2410; 09-29-2011 at 07:40 AM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410
I bought some items from a WAHM and she shipped as promised (no issue there, Ive bought from her before and will again in the future)...BUT she got DC and it wasn't delivered to me, but is marked delivered! This package was approx $75 of goods...it was "delivered" on the 14th, and I'm 7 weeks prego and in the first trimester coma right now so just realized it'd been a while since I'd paid (for priority) and tracked it last night.

The small PO is closed here today. Should I go in Monday? Will they be able to tell me anything? The address was correct and she shipped off paypal. The city is right on Tracking, but it doesn't show the addy delivered to. I didn't have insurance, but I guess it doesn't matter anyways since it says delivered and I have no package to show for it.

Anyone had this happen? What happened? Did you get your items?
All they can do is ask ur carrier. I had the same thing happen. I'd just call. Call in the morning, so they can grab the carrier before they leave. Mine was eventually dropped off to me by a neighbor. The carrier of course said he dropped it at my door. Nope. Down the roAd, but a similar number combo.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
qtytot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: PO issue

happened to me it said delivered but I got it the next day or days later after I saw the note the mail person left. Call/check with your PO 1st thing monday
Old 09-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Check my etsy issue thread. I made tons of calls. Ask to speak with the actual carrier. Not just the worker. Be nice but be firm that you want you package found and you will not put up with more incompetence
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Was it delivered to your town? I have seen dc#'s show delivered and be in the wrong state.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
Banana Cat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a package marked "delivered" once, and it showed up on my doorstep three days later. I've also had the mail carrier leave a note saying they were holding it at the post office for me because I had to sign for the package, but when I got to the post office it had gone back out for delivery and was delivered with no signature anyway! I would definitely talk to someone and have them try to track your package--it may still show up for you!
Banana Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:29 AM   #7
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

ive had that happen before, only to have the package show up later that day, or days later. I think my mail carrier scans packages as delivered when he puts them on the truck, perhaps thats what your carrier does as well, so it could be in the mail truck still
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This has happened to me too many times

If i don;t get it by the day after it says delivered...it's gone IME.

I stalked my mail lady the last time and was really mad about the SIX packages that went POOF in the last few months. She said everytime that one went MIA there was a sub...tehn she walked back over to the boxed (we have locked boxes outside in clumps) and opened up the back....the sub put my packages in the box under mine...so that time i got them back..if that was what happened before, those people got my packages and didn't return them

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #9
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: PO issue- item says delivered but i didn't get it

updated- no package for me

I suppose i could ask my neighbors, but i feel like thats the same as saying "hey, i was suppose to get a package a few weeks ago...i was wondering if you got it by mistake and decided not to bring it to me" basically accusing people of stealing
Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #10
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: PO issue- item says delivered but i didn't get it

Instead of asking if they got it by mistake could you just ask if they noticed anything that day? Like someone besides your family near your mailbox/porch, wherever it might have been left? I hope you can find it.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote