Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
DKBee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: PO issue- item says delivered but i didn't get it

Ummm... This happened to me and pp credited me the $ I was out out of their pocket. I think the trick is to remain calm and reasonable when.talking to them and to call not email.

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKBee View Post
Ummm... This happened to me and pp credited me the $ I was out out of their pocket. I think the trick is to remain calm and reasonable when.talking to them and to call not email.
paypal or the post office? I wouldn't open a claim against the wahm, what info did you have to provide?
Old 09-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
dublinup
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

About two years ago I had this happen. Bought from a WAHM (that I had used before). I had no doubt what so ever she sent the item. PO showed it delivered. Postman said he knew for a fact he put it inside our mailbox. I think he must have clearly remembered putting the package inside someone else's. A couple weeks later the package finally made it to our mailbox. My DH got to first and save it for another few weeks, wrapped it, and put it under the tree. Best suprise ever. Maybe your DH hasn't hijacked it, but I would bet money it was indeed delivered to another house, and will most likely (eventually) make it to your house. Whether it had showed or not, I was not going to open a claim against the WAHM. I couldn't afford to be out the money, but it wasn't her fault either that I didn't pay for insurance.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
UFshutterbabe
Registered Users
seller

This has happened to me twice recently. Have you been dealing with your local post office or the national 1800 number? (google "how to reach a live person at USPS" -basically don't respond to voice prompts just hit "0" each time it asks you to say something)
I called the 800 number, they started a case file on it which got forwarded to my local post office. Got a call the next day saying they were researching it. The day after that the package showed up (8days after it had been scanned "delivered" originally)
The sender was cotton babies- they said as far as possible actions on their end, they could file a claim with the post office and have them put a trace on the package. We didn't get to that point because it showed up. This package did not have insurance on it either. Maybe you should either talk to someone else at the post office and see if you get the same information the first person told you, or try the national number if you haven't already. Hope it shows up soon!
UFshutterbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. I tried the local PO responsible for it. I think they've done what they could. We live in military housing, boxes are in one large, individually locked, boxes. If a package is too big it goes either to your hand at the door, or the drive around and put it at your back door inside a fence (sides have privacy wall).

It's been 2weeks and a day since it was misdelivered. I'm not that hopeful at this point. DH did not get it, I checked.

...but if I see anyone walking around in custom dyed Victoria secret sweats..game on! Lol!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
DKBee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
paypal or the post office? I wouldn't open a claim against the wahm, what info did you have to provide?
I told paypal I trusted the mama and that I would not accept a refund from get and did not want one. I askes for a credit and told them I thought they would have an easier time getting the post office to reimburse them than I would I guess they must have agreed