Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

How would you deal with this, let it go?

I have a disappointing transaction with a WAHM (through Facebook but she sells on Hyena Cart too) and I'm just wondering if I've done all I can. Back in August I sold off some things we weren't using so I could get new diapers for my growing boy. This is the only way I can get new diapers since money is really tight. Well I found these pocket diapers that were really cute, did a few google searches and found several people that really liked them so I ordered two for $15 each plus shipping. They came and the the work is good and they are cute but I notice that they wick pretty bad. I tried drying them in case it was the PUL and since it was warm and my boy wasn't wearing pants I just tried to ignore the wicking. But a couple of weeks ago it started to get chilly and I have to put pants on him and I can't with these diapers because as soon as he pees his pants are soaked. I messaged the WAHM and she asked several questions about inserts, washing routines etc which I answered. I use the same inserts in other pockets without problems, tried multiple different types but they all leak straight through. Finally she tells me that "cotton outers just do that sometimes" and she wont refund since they were worn and I should just sell them if I don't like them. How can I sell them knowing that they wick this bad? I feel stupid for going with a small WAHM instead of a big name because I really feel like I'm just SOL, right?

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How would you deal with this, let it go?

Question: They have PUL and cotton outers? If they have cotton outers doesn't that make them fitteds?
allisonmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmartin View Post
Question: They have PUL and cotton outers? If they have cotton outers doesn't that make them fitteds?
They're pockets with PUL sandwiched between a cotton outer and a minky inner. I guess this can lead to wicking but no one mentioned that in anything I read.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

So, I guess I'll take the 76 views and no replies as a "let it go"...
Old 09-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52 View Post
They're pockets with PUL sandwiched between a cotton outer and a minky inner. I guess this can lead to wicking but no one mentioned that in anything I read.
Yes this is correct. I have the same problem with mine that have cotton outers. I think at this point since its been so long you really are out of luck
Old 09-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bummer mama. Do you have a cover like a econobum that you could put over it to help with the wicking and still see the print?
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

I had the same thing happen except I bought like 6 bamboo customs. After having to
Have the mama make em snap in instead of all in ones the wicking ticked me off. I had already left feedback and she would have changed them again but by the time I paid shipping again I would have spent more on them than new brand dipes. I chose to let it go but I was super po'd. Maybe there should be a sticky about cotton outer dipes. I was new and had no idea. I just thought the fabric was cute
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That really stinks! I have had the same issue myself with the wicking. I have gotten to the point where I just don't buy cheap. I bought some cheap fitteds for some stupid reason and they bled all over my good expensive diapers. Although, I don't think $15 each is cheap, I guess maybe just stick with reputable wahms or big brands? I do think you are out of luck on these, maybe you can sell them disclosing the issue of wicking and mention they'd be fine with wool or fleece? So sorry mama!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmama View Post
That really stinks! I have had the same issue myself with the wicking. I have gotten to the point where I just don't buy cheap. I bought some cheap fitteds for some stupid reason and they bled all over my good expensive diapers. Although, I don't think $15 each is cheap, I guess maybe just stick with reputable wahms or big brands? I do think you are out of luck on these, maybe you can sell them disclosing the issue of wicking and mention they'd be fine with wool or fleece? So sorry mama!
I didn't think about fleece, maybe I can use them this winter after all if I got some fleece pants to go over them. There is no way I would get anywhere near what I paid for them if I tried to sell although they are super cute. Thanks for the idea!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #10
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry mama!! That is really disappointing.