Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:
Ack! 24 day old acting like shes starving!

Help!

She won't stop feeding and I am totally tapped out. She just got so upset that she popped off and cried histericlly! She is fussing, punching my boob, not able to sleep like normal.

Is there something wrong? Should I supplement?

Advertisement

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ack! 24 day old acting like shes starving!

My guess would be a growth spurt...just keep nursing as often as possible...don't supplement, it's a slippery slope! In a day or two your body will be making more milk for her and it'll all be worth it
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
spencerrn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is she over her birth weight? Having adequate wet and poopy diapers? If the answer to all these is yes then NO don't supplement. She is probably going through a growth spurt and is trying to increase your supply. Will probably be better tomorrow.
spencerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:
Over birthweight yes. But she took a long time to get there. She does have lots of diapers though.

Our next check up is Friday. I am just so nervous about her .

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerrn
Is she over her birth weight? Having adequate wet and poopy diapers? If the answer to all these is yes then NO don't supplement. She is probably going through a growth spurt and is trying to increase your supply. Will probably be better tomorrow.
Wss

Sent via my phone using swype. Beware of typos
Old 09-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yep. Sounds like the 3 week growth spurt. I will say with my first 2 I was not mentally prepared for that "totally drained I don't think baby's getting enough" feeling so I started giving a bottle. I tried pumping but I never had that confidence of having enough milk so I just gave another bottle when baby got fussy like that then next thing you know baby was getting 2 bottles a day, then 3. By 4 months we were down to nursing once or twice a day and then one day I just didn't offer and they didn't seem to care. I wasn't even engorged.

I did lots more research when I was expecting baby #3 and I made it through those tough early weeks because I knew I would sit on the couch by 5-6pm and not get up until 10pm and I was going to let the baby nurse the whole time.

I never felt like I didn't have enough for him. Sure I was tired and sore but I knew what the bottles did before so I stuck with it. I'm so happy I did! We'll be at 6 months tomorrow! Now if I could just get that bedtime session to shorten!

Hang in there mama! Just nurse nurse nurse and (easier said than done) but try to relax! If you feel yourself getting stressed maybe hand baby off and walk outside for a few minutes or take a shower then come back and try again.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #7
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Growth spurt! When my DD did this it felt like my nipples were on fire. I felt like a milk cow and that all I did all day was nurse. If babys still growing fine and has plenty of wet diapers just tough it out, this to shall pass!! Good luck mama!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My dd did the same thing!! It was so frustrating but totally normal. When she goes through her growth spurt and wants to feed ALL.THE.TIME. she is telling your body to make more milk. After each growth spurt your milk will naturally increase. If you supplement any of her feedings during this process your body will not know that it needs to make more milk for a growing baby.

Just hang in there - it usually only last 2-3 days. (I just layed on the couch and watch hours of TV ) You are doing a great job and your baby is getting the best food ever!
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Growth spurt at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 12 weeks, 24, 48, etc. It should get better in a few days.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #10
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree don't suppliment that will make it a downward slope for you. IF she is eating, and peeing and alert she is probably gaining weight
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote