Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
alexandrapasko
Registered Users
seller

Lots of lies from a FSOT mama

I need some advice on how to deal with a recent transaction. I have had so many issues with this mama, that I am just going to post a timeline of events regarding my transaction with her and note each time she has CLEARLY lied to me.

9-9 : I payed for some dipes from a mama on FSOT. She had them listed in VGUC to GUC and said they didn't fit her daughter's chunky thighs (#1). She sends a PM that says, "Got it!!! Just in time for tomorrow's shipping!!!" (#2)

9-16 : I haven't received them and I PM her, "Just checking, have these gone out yet? Do you have a DC#?" She replies the same day, "Yes, they have we had a emergency and had to leave town. But I have the DC# at home. I will be returning this evening. " (#3)

9-17 : She ACTUALLY goes out and ships them (per the U.S Postage Paid on the envelope and the DC)

9-19 : I receive the dipes and am SHOCKED at the condition. The elastic is totally shot in all of them (NO stretch at all), there are 12 holes plus several threadbare spots in one, and all are dingy and stained. This was not a difference of opinion in VGUC and GUC. These would be big enough for MY chunky thighs! (okay, that's an exaggeration) I send her a PM saying, "Hi, I received the diapers today, and I was shocked by the condition of them. You described your diapers as VGUC to GUC, but the elastic is COMPLETELY shot in all of these. You also mentioned they were too tight on your child's chunky legs, so that indicated to me that the elastic was at least in working condition. I don't feel you were honest and I feel taken advantage of. How can we resolve this?"

9-20 : She responds, "I am sorry you "feel taken advantage of". As you can see from my feedback, I have never had a complaint from a buyer and I try very hard to state conditions as they are. I copied the description from the lady I bought them from and I my daughter only wore 2 once. I am more than willing to refund your $25 and you can return the diapers to me." I send her a PM agreeing.

9-21 : No refund. I send a PM saying, "I replied yesterday and agreed to the refund and returning the diapers to you. Will you be issuing the refund? Thank you"

9-22 : Still no refund. She PMs, "Yes, ma'am I am doing that right now (#4). Again I am so sorry. We have experienced a recent unexpected death in our family and I have not been doing a great job communicating with my buyers. Please let me know when you get the refund." Then she RELISTS the diapers for MORE than what they were previously listed, keeps the prior description and adds that one has 3 tiny holes (#5) and elastic is shot. Remember, at this point, she has not issued a refund and I still have the diapers.

9-23 :She ACTUALLY issues the refund, but it is pending until the 29th. I send her a PM letting her know I will put them in the mail the day the payment clears. I haven't heard anything else.

So today is the 25th, and I'm just waiting for the refund to clear. In the meantime, I'm trying to decide if I'm ridiculous for being upset and wanting to leave her negative feedback. I tried to be understanding of her family circumstances, but because of the other lies, I don't really believe that now. I just don't like that she is going to turn around and sell these to someone else dishonestly. If someone buys them today, what is she going to tell them? I still have them!! She has 100% positive feedback. Would my negative feedback make any difference? Would it be fair for me to leave her negative feedback if the refund clears and I send the diapers back? Is there a way I can warn others that she's not disclosing damage on these dipes without being nasty or "outing" her?

I'd like to hear what some of you have to say about this. Please be straightforward with me if you think I should be doing something differently. Any advise would be helpful!

Advertisement

alexandrapasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Lots of lies from a FSOT mama

im actually surprised she sent the refund before having the diapers in her hands, i know i wouldnt do that! Honestly i dont think she deserves negative, sounds like she did her best to make the situation right by you. You should neutral feedback IMO something along the lines of "diapers were not as described, refund was given"
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd contact a mod about the listing. just click the little red exclamation point. Then when the refund clears, I'd leave neutral feedback
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I agree negative is for when no resolution is given. And I would have made you send them back before I refunded you, though I would have covered the shipping costs as well and sent those upfront, not sure if she did.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

I agree. As far as your transaction with the momma. You weren't happy, she is making right the situation by refunding you and having you send the diapers back. The feedback left should reflect your transaction not how you feel about what she's doing with the diapers or whatever else.

Although it is very crummy that she's trying to resell the diapers in the condition they are in with out modifying their condition or listing it fairly at a reduced price. I'd imagine if she resells them, we'll be hearing from another momma who is going through a similar situation with her.
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

TAKE PICTURES
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
2cutetoddlers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gosh that would be yucky for someone else to buy them though. No body wants to buy someones elses garbage I don't care how cheap it is. It is terrible because you could be the third person this has happened to and doesn't want to leave negative feedback. Not saying that you are but if the mama is okay with posting them again, just like that-who knows...Tough situation to be in. I understand where you are coming from. And actually the time you've put into this is worth more than your $25.00 but thank goodness you are getting it back.
2cutetoddlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
butterflynmn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did I buy the chunky thigh diapers now?
butterflynmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

Wow. I'd contact a mod and go from there.

That's shady that she's already relisted the diapers on FSOT, but your refund is still pending and you still have the diapers.
carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #10
butterflynmn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pm'd ya mama
butterflynmn is offline   Reply With Quote