Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
July Babies: Overnight Diaper Solution?

Hey mamas! I was thinking of all of you with babies similar in age to mine (11 weeks)...wondering what you are using now for an overnight diaper solution? I have been cosleeping and have been too scared to do cloth all night because with my last daughter who co slept i tried so many things and it all leaked!
I am trying a hybrid tonight to ease into it. Normally I use a disposable diaper at night between 1am and 9am (so, about 8 hours). However, she doesn't nurse that much at night so I have been gradually putting her in the crib so I can stretch out. I am doing a flip sposie insert laid into a MEOS fitted with a Thirsties wrap. I think I need to venture into wool overnight but I don't know which fitted to use and with how many doublers, etc... (any suggestions welcome! Thanks!)

SO what are your babies wearing during the night???

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: July Babies: Overnight Diaper Solution?

Well I won't be much help. Cuz she doesn't pee or poop at night. Not sure why, but she saves it all for the morning. And then has a dipe that weighs a pound. She nurses at night too, but I am not complaining.

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Argonaut8
Registered Users
seller

I have two VBSN (in ML because Rex is gigantic and they already fit) that are absolutely amazing for nights. They can weigh a pound in the morning and still not even feel wet on the outside. They're too bulky for day use. We only use wool day and night (so much for all those PUL covers I bought while I was pregnant ), so it's usually under some recycled or interlock longies. We've also successfully used SBish snapless with just the smaller insert many times, but I'm thinking we might need to start using the second insert for nights pretty soon because he's becoming a heavier nighttime wetter as he continues to sleep in longer stretches and lately it's been soaked front to back in the morning with just the one (but still doesn't leak through the wool).

Last edited by Argonaut8; 09-26-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Argonaut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut8
I have two VBSN (in ML because Rex is gigantic and they already fit) that are absolutely amazing for nights. They can weigh a pound in the morning and still not even feel wet on the outside. They're too bulky for day use. We only use wool day and night (so much for all those PUL covers I bought while I was pregnant ), so it's usually under some recycled or interlock longies. We've also successfully used SBish snapless with just the smaller insert many times, but I'm thinking we might need to start using the second insert for nights pretty soon because he's becoming a heavier nighttime wetter as he continues to sleep in longer stretches and lately it's been soaked front to back in the morning with just the one (but still doesn't leak through the wool).
What is vsbn?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
GreysBumatomy
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS is just in whatever we usually do during the day. So either a Sunbaby, Alva, Bum Genius or Smartipants. He does 6 hour stretches and is fine =/
Old 09-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
Argonaut8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightowl Jan View Post
What is vsbn?
Very Baby Simply Nights
http://tallulahbaby.com/simply-nights-cloth-diapers/
Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS is in a BG 4.0 stuffed with a yellow edged GMD prefold and a M/L gcloth topped with a fleece liner. It is super huge on him, but he still feels dry in the morning despite the impressive soaking of the diaper. He still nurses at night, but he doesn't get changed because it wakes him up too much. He goes from 830 to 730 with no issues

Last edited by jessnic; 09-27-2011 at 10:50 AM.
jessnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnic
DS is in a BG 4.0 stuffed with a yellow edged GMD prefold and a M/L gcloth topped with a fleece liner. It is super huge on him, but he still feels dry in the morning despite the impressive soaking of the diaper. He still nurses at night, but he doesn't get changed because it wakes him up too much. He goes from 830 to 730 with no issues
Wow, that's awesome he goes so long without nursing...do you use the g cloth alone for daytime? Have you ever used their disposable/flushable insert? I am curious about their stuff.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightowl Jan

Wow, that's awesome he goes so long without nursing...do you use the g cloth alone for daytime? Have you ever used their disposable/flushable insert? I am curious about their stuff.
I wish he went without nursing...he nurses 4 times a night, but freaks if I change his diaper lol (during the day he never freaks about diaper changes). During the day he is good for about 1.5 hours with a gcloth. Their disposable inserts in a thirsties cover are bullet proof for us on the rare occasion we cant do cloth.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnic

I wish he went without nursing...he nurses 4 times a night, but freaks if I change his diaper lol (during the day he never freaks about diaper changes). During the day he is good for about 1.5 hours with a gcloth. Their disposable inserts in a thirsties cover are bullet proof for us on the rare occasion we cant do cloth.
Thanks for the g cloth info. The sposie inserts are on sale right now at our coop. I'll try them.