Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #11
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: July Babies: Overnight Diaper Solution?

Killian doesn't seem to pee at night. But if he ends up being a heavy wetter like my older boys we will do a BG OS with 2 of the big micro inserts and the newborn insert.

Advertisement

Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #12
lolis
Registered Users

My Mood:

im glad to see other babies are not peeing at night...mine pees a little bit, we change it and then she pees a TON in the morning...
lolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stick with the BG pockets stuffed with their regular inserts. His longest stretch is 8 or 9 hours (not every night yet) and those haven't leaked yet.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ok, so I have been trying a double stuffed pocket, leaks! A big prefold trifolded in a flip, no leaks but gives pee burns and is totally soaked. Even during the day a single insert in a pocket leaks. I just have no luck with pockets. Any one else have this problem? I need a fitted with a stay dry inner. Laying a fleece liner doesn't work at night cuz it always just bunches up. The whole diaper neefds to be stay dry but I like the soaking power to be natural, not mf. Sounds like I have to make my own!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well she started to pee at night now. So I have no idea what to try. I have no pockets, cuz I had zero luck with them with my last LO. All I have are fitteds. She's finally growing out of her NB fitteds. ANd I have a few 3SR mutts. I have some ETPF otw, but not sure if that will get her through the night. I am going to make some too. I have 8 yards of hemp fleece, so it should make a few. It isn't fun waking up to a wet bed

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
MichelleSG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My lo is a heavy wetter and sleeps the night through (9:30pm-6am) and I don't wake her to change her diaper (duh). We used Dream Ezes in small until she out grew them, then I ordered a GroVia OS (which works great now that we got it). When we were waiting for the GroVia I used either a BG or a Just Simply Baby stuffed with 1 organic Flip insert. Never had any leaking issues at all. FWIW the Dream Ezes or GroVia is the trimmest of all my options so that's what we prefer.
Crazy semi-crunchy scientist mama to 1 DD almost 10 yrs old and DD 2 born July '11. CDing, extended vaxing, ERF, even been known to co-sleep (gasp!), and trying my best to baby wear a very persnickety diva.
MichelleSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #17
Argonaut8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightowl Jan View Post
Ok, so I have been trying a double stuffed pocket, leaks! A big prefold trifolded in a flip, no leaks but gives pee burns and is totally soaked. Even during the day a single insert in a pocket leaks. I just have no luck with pockets. Any one else have this problem? I need a fitted with a stay dry inner. Laying a fleece liner doesn't work at night cuz it always just bunches up. The whole diaper neefds to be stay dry but I like the soaking power to be natural, not mf. Sounds like I have to make my own!
I've never been able to use pockets without wicking/leaking at the legs, and lately the same goes for AIOs. Certain PUL covers have done the job.. But nowadays we're just all wool, all the time.

I think I linked to these before, but here they are again because they have the option of stay-dry microfleece on top of the doubler, and they're ultra mega absorbent.. http://tallulahbaby.com/simply-nights-cloth-diapers/
Old 10-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #18
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut8 View Post
I've never been able to use pockets without wicking/leaking at the legs, and lately the same goes for AIOs. Certain PUL covers have done the job.. But nowadays we're just all wool, all the time.

I think I linked to these before, but here they are again because they have the option of stay-dry microfleece on top of the doubler, and they're ultra mega absorbent.. http://tallulahbaby.com/simply-nights-cloth-diapers/
these dipes look awesome!!!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #19
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
My lo is a heavy wetter and sleeps the night through (9:30pm-6am) and I don't wake her to change her diaper (duh). We used Dream Ezes in small until she out grew them, then I ordered a GroVia OS (which works great now that we got it). When we were waiting for the GroVia I used either a BG or a Just Simply Baby stuffed with 1 organic Flip insert. Never had any leaking issues at all. FWIW the Dream Ezes or GroVia is the trimmest of all my options so that's what we prefer.
no way,so, i have the gro via AIO's. if i add the booster it comes with, icould try itfor overnight/???
Old 10-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #20
GreysBumatomy
Registered Users
seller
seller

BAH. DS sleeps from 9p to 6a and only wakes up between 1 and 3 for a diaperchange.
Its not an absorbancy issue per se.... he is just ridiculously sensitive and intolerant to any wetness in the diaper. Im talking he screams like a psycho! We had fleece liner, suedecloth diaper inner, another fleece liner, 2 bamboo inserts and he still just woke up. One day i will give in and put like underarmor or a nike sports bra on him in place of a diaper.