Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
crunchyjunky
Registered Users

My Mood:
Red face wool or pul over my fabulous fitteds? and how to make them fit?

ok so i am new to this whole fitted world and i must say.... IM IN LOVE! i have all obv fitteds and they are all so wonderfully squishy and soft.. i want to only use fitteds but am having trouble fitting a cover over them... i have thristies, flips, and bummis. i would like to switch over to wool completley because i want a all naturual breathable butt on my baby girl, but i have NEVER used wool EVER. so i am totally lost when it comes to what to buy and how it works.. and... if i buy wool isnt it gonna be even more bulky than the pul... and what size wool should i buy.. i have all os and med fitteds but im telling you some are very very bulky... help please to a newly converted fitted lover.

Advertisement

crunchyjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
LunaWolfe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: wool or pul over my fabulous fitteds? and how to make them fit?

Well I knit my wool covers and wool longies. Most of the patterns go by waist, rise, and thigh measurements. I also use fleece soakers. Have you tried fleece soakers at all? Or are you just looking for wool in general? It is a little thicker, but it breathes way better than PUL.
LunaWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
JustJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I mainly use wool over my fitteds. Wool is easy. Not much care involved. Just lanolize every couple of weeks or as needed. If you do a search, you will see tons of posts on how to lanolize. My favorite wool is sustainablebabyish knit wool covers/longies. So soft and squishy! Great colors. <3! I think fall is the perfect time to try wool. Maybe just browse FSOT to find a pair of longies (wool pants) to try.
JustJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You can also use fleece over you fitteds. I would say try a full cut PUL cover if you want Pul, or you can use all wool. You would probably want to get longies then you wont need a cover. Check FSOT, recycled and interlock. They are easier to care for. If you know you want a knit you need to get on a Wahms knitting list and you can get a custom, but it can be $$, but since you wont be buying pul covers/regular clothes it balances out some I guess. I am not new to wool but am new to knit. I have 6 knit longies in the works and am on a Wahm list for some awesome fleecies. I use recycled soakers for overnight. My fav for wool so far are WoollyBottoms. I would also look into underwoolies for under regular clothes, and Sbish for cute longies. There are also Wahms who offer crochet for cheaper than knit. The Wahms will help you get yarn or may have some for you.

For recycled I like Little Leaf Boutique, Zandj both here on DS, Fortyone-on Etsy, and woollybottoms

For Fleece Julesbulia- but she has a LONG custom list so if you want shorties you might want to get on her list now, and Emotibums-super cute!

And there are lots of great Whams in the market place. Have fun shopping!

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
crunchyjunky
Registered Users

My Mood:

so if i get wool covers or longies then i dont need pants? im confused.. what can i use as a cover that goes under clothes?
crunchyjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found 2 covers that I can put clothes over - loveybums knit jersey wool - looks like a traditional diaper cover and feels like a tshirt.

The other one is gently made by a gal on etsy. I love these. These are like pull on shorts, but theyre so thin you can put clothes over them. Theyre so cute that you can just wear them as shorts. Theyre very versatile. And, only 22.50 with shipping. I dyed mine with koolaid and love it. Just ordered 2 more today.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We used to use wool under onsies and pants, but now have switched to using wool covers with shirts instead. When it gets cooler, we will either use babylegs, longies if I can find any that fit (I swear he has the SHORTEST legs ever LOL), and possibly through in some one piece sleeper type outfits.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
SunnStJ
Registered Users
seller

I rarely use my PUL covers anymore. Fitteds with wool covers and leg warmers or longies. I have enough in rotation that they only need to be washed about once a month. I don't buy pants anymore. So awesome and easy!
SunnStJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
Nyomi&Jericho'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

I am so happy I stumbled upon this post. I am also brand new to the fitted scene and purchesed my first wool covers yesterday! I had been using prefolds just laid in thirsties covers but wanted to try something a bit more natural and breatheable. I tried the recycled covers on my daughter and it fit, but over the course of an hour or so of playing, it got really loose and was down around her knees. Is there a way to fix that? Also, I purchase a Engel Wool soaker, does anyone know how to prep this? Im just realizing the size it 74/80...the site saye that is for 6-12mo, I hope its not going to be too small for my 20lb boy :/
Nyomi&Jericho'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
Ellie'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For wearing under other pants, I like to use a interlock soaker, like WCW .. they are tight and stretchy so make the diaper less bulky to fit into regular pants. Otherwise I'll just use wool pants / skirts.
I'd try from FSOT first and see how they work for you as it can get pricey (though worth it!)