Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #21
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Hugs! I only have one and I started sobbing last night. I know this is gonna sound like a really lame reason, but it was much more about the frustration level. Here is what happened last night. During the first 4.5 months of DS life, I managed to watch the full 7 seasons of Desperate Housewives on my iPad while DS was asleep on my lap. Now that he gets distracted by it, so I don't use it while he is nursing and nothing with sound after he is asleep. I haven't watched TV in quite awhile. I don't want DS exposed to it. DH on the other hand watched car races and football all freaking weekend. Well, last night was the season premier of Desperate Housewives and I really really really wanted an hour on the couch drinking a beer watching TV. So, DS had an early afternoon nap and at 8 pm I started bedtime. I wanted to make sure it worked, so I didn't rush it. So, at 8:45 I stood up to put him down. Eyes popped open. I walked him around and he fell back asleep. I put him down at 8:59 and he was out (or at least looked it). I went downstairs, popped open a beer and took the remote from DH. 9:06, DS wakes up. He was up and down until 9:40 at which time I lost it. I just started sobbing. Luckily I left the monitor on downstairs and DH heard and came and took DS. Sometimes these little people just overwhelm us with their needs.

Advertisement

MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #22
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Last night was aweful and I'm starting to resent my nursingling for nursing. =(

I keep forgetting what im "in for". The first six weeks for us were PURE torture. I mean it was not fun. He also had a witching hour where he would start at 7pm nursing and crying till 11pm Seems how we always forget how needy they truly are until we bring another one into the world.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #23
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Last night was aweful and I'm starting to resent my nursingling for nursing. =(

Thinking of you today...did you have a better night last night?
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #24
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Last night was better but shes crazy feeding again today. I just can't set this little girl down to save my life!

I manged to pump 2oz over the past couple of days and I gave her that last night and she slept better. Maybe I just ain't giving her enough.

The doctors app is tomorrow so we will know more then.

Thanks for thinking of me!

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #25
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck on your appointment today. I hope it goes well.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #26
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

Hope things are improving I just wanted to say that I was having similar issues with my DS during the first couple of weeks and it was *really* getting to me. Everyone just kept telling me it was normal and to keep at it, so I did. Until we realized that DS wasn't gaining weight and then decided there was a real issue. In our case, it was a tongue tie (that our ped completely missed) that made nursing for him very difficult -- he was hardly getting any milk during a feeding. I'm not saying this is your issue, but it might be worthwhile to see an LC (sorry if you've already done that, I haven't read all the posts) just to rule out any kind of issues like that since it sounds like your LO really isn't ever satisfied after nursing.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #27
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Update:

She's up to 7.5lbs and the doctor is happy with her growth. She's still a peanut in the 7.5% for weight range (50% for height lol) but they actually use the WHO chart and everything is fine.

I am taking Fenugreek now at his advice though to help up my supply so I can pump more so Dh can take over some feeds.

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:31 PM   #28
mrsmodernhousewife
Registered Users
seller

I totally agree with the co sleeping. My dd would wake up 2 mins after I laid her down until I started co sleeping. It has been great, I started shortly after she was born and now at 3 months she does good in a crib next to my bed, but I still keep her in my bed most of the time, just to have more of a bond. And she will slow down on her eating around 8 weeks if you can just stick it out. I had more than one tantrum in the middle of the night when my dd was in the 24 hour feeding stage too. And your house can wait for you. Nobody is expecting perfection while you are getting used to having 2. Maybe your husband would pick up one of your duties for a little while.
mrsmodernhousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #29
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted you to know we are still here for you if you need us. It sounds like you are having a tough week with little peanut. You can do it! Find some time for you so you are available for her when she is crying for mama. Good luck and maybe this weekend will be a good rejuvenation!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #30
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What you are feeling is normal. Lack of sleep causes us to get cranky. Newbies are demanding. Is there any chance you can ask someone for a little help so you can get in a long bath or step out for a little while? I remember how much I LOVED grocery shopping when mine were brand new because it gave me an excuse to cut out for a few minutes...