Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Weekly Chat 9/26-10-2

Hey Ladies! How are we doing today/this week?

I am so dang tired! I need to get past this stage ASAP!

Anyways, who has good/fast/easy vegetarian recipes? I need to change up our meals. Everyone is getting sick of them Any links would be appreciated.

Also, who here eats Quorn products? I tried some, I think they taste great but of course I am worried about them. Wish I didn't know 99% of the stuff I knew about food/eating. My life would be easier

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 9/26-10-2

I'm right there with you on the being tired. On days I don't have work and school I would nap for up to 2-3 hours, eat than want to sleep again! The days I can't nap I'm a horrible, tired mess.
lydoomizelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
Hey Ladies! How are we doing today/this week?

I am so dang tired! I need to get past this stage ASAP!

Anyways, who has good/fast/easy vegetarian recipes? I need to change up our meals. Everyone is getting sick of them Any links would be appreciated.

Also, who here eats Quorn products? I tried some, I think they taste great but of course I am worried about them. Wish I didn't know 99% of the stuff I knew about food/eating. My life would be easier
You're so close to the 2nd trimester - hang in there!!!!

I'm a veg. and we're living off of easy meals right now. Do you eat dairy?

I do a lot of bean/rice meals: Black/pinto beans + homemade spanish rice (yum!) Add in some avocado, salsa, a little cheese or sour cream. Delishhhh! I do black bean/rice salads too with all the fixins. I usually try to keep homemade beans stockpiled in the freezer.

I also make a baked pasta meal with whole grain pasta, organic pasta sauce (low sodium, too!) mixed with whatever vegetables I have on hand, sauteed or steamed then tossed in. Sprinkle with mozzarella, and bake for 20-30 minutes. Add a salad and whole grain bread to make a meal. If I'm feeling extra spunky, I make my own bread.

Brown rice with steamed veggies, sometimes with tofu.

Soup, chili, stews, I love these. Toss in veggies, beans, whatever else I have, cook and eat.

When I'm in the mood for homecooked (which I have been lately!), I'll make "green" rice. It's basically broccoli rice casserole without all the slimy stuff. It goes well with black-eyed peas, steamed carrots, even sweet potato fries.

We do tacos on occasion, too, with TVP and our own seasoning.

What kind of stuff do you like to eat? I have several cookbooks with easy meals that I'd be happy to look through for you.

I like Quorn, too. We don't buy it often, but I think it's better/healthier than some of the other veggie-meat-substitutes like Morningstar Farms (although I do eat their black bean burgers on occasion). I make a mock chicken salad with Quorn - yum!!! (I can give you the recipe if you want).

Sorry this became a short novel - lol. Hope you get some ideas for food, though.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Lindsay! I have a cookbook thats called An expecting mother's guide to vegetarian meals or something. It's got a lot of stew recipes but DH hates stews/soups. He doesn't think they are 'meals' gggrrrrr

We do tofu paneer, lots of veggie fried rice, veggie pasta, fish on occasion (I have been making it once a week lately tho), lentils in spaghetti sauce, spinach artichoke lasagna, homemade pizza. I have also made tacos with seitan. Im just in a rut. No recipes sound good to me. I even made sloppy joes the other night with the Quorn 'beef' and I couldn't stand them!

I have been wanting to make sweet potato fritters ( I made cauliflower ones this summer and they were delish) but its a lot of work. Yum, I should do black bean and avocado tacos again. THose were yummy and it's still SO hot here!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OH and get this!!!!!!! My mom begged me to tell my niece about the pregnancy so I did. I told her we hadn't told anyone yet and don't say anything to the boys. Well, apparently she didn't realize that this meant my siblings too. She told my sister and my brother (her dad). I don't think my sister is all that happy about it. I thought she'd be one of the happier reactions. UGH, it made my stomach hurt even more.

I know we are not in a great financial situation right now. It's been SO hard. We were buying a business from my mom (started 5+ years ago) and with the economy business has been B.A.D. Well, DH was dead set on keeping it and making it work that we have 'worked' ourselves into a huge hole. No one seems to understand this. When this business was good, DH was bringing home over 4k a month which is way more than we need, I wasn't working, we had way higher bills etc. We have scaled down SO much and tried to do what we can but still, no one sees how hard we have worked. I am so mad!!! My sisters are both in craptastic relationships but their husbands make a lot of money so all is well. I am sick of the pity parties. I don't ask for it but being the 6th child out of 7 I guess it just happens. My DH and I love each other, love our kids and that is all that should matter. He is in school trying to better himself and our lives but that doesn't matter to anyone. I am trying to make as much money as I can working from home and taking care of my family. I am just so mad. Thsi is why I didn't want to tell people. We wanted this, we didn't want to wait for the economy to turn around b/c who the F knows when that is going to happen. I don't want kids after I turm 35, I don't want to take any more risks than need be. We are having hard times but can't people just be HAPPY for a new baby????!!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Chayla, that sucks in regard to the whole chain of revealing you didn't want. I hope something works out financially wise and that people actually learn to be happy for you. I hate it when people get all testy about a pregnancy and can't be happy. It's supposed to be a happy event.

I've been cooking a lot of rice and beans, brown rice pasta (I have celiacs), boiled eggs, lentils too. I have major food aversions though, so I can't eat a whole lot. My favorite so far has been the homemade pizza I made with daiya cheese. I could eat that and not feel sick after. Otherwise at the moment, I could eat the entire bag of sea salt and vinegar chips my hubby got me. They are so so good. Normally I'm not all that into the chips or only eat a bit, but today not at all. However, I made pumpkin pancakes and those are sort of winning over the chips!

I'm starting to get some energy back here and am so glad. I can take walks again. I was actually able to eat some lentils and rice lately, something I couldn't have eaten earlier. I think I need to omit the cheese on them though because it was faintly nauseating.

Last edited by blueone; 09-26-2011 at 03:26 PM.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just a link I saw about the flu shot.

http://www.naturalnews.com/030657_va...carriages.html
Old 09-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Chayla, have you checked out the Vegetarian Times website? http://www.vegetariantimes.com I find some good recipes there, some not so good too
Old 09-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #9
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow I can't keep up with u ladies while I work! Slow down!!! I've been on a crepe kick not the best but sooo good! don't worry I still eat my fruit each day

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #10
crunch!910
Registered Users

I didn't see the new weekly thread, so made a ridiculously long rant in the old one. To put it short, I'm frustrated. I wanted a doula. Doesn't look like it will come true. Now I'm facing a certain doom of repeat csection. Boo.