Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #21
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: Weekly Chat 9/26-10-2

Really? I had no clue. I usd to always get messages from everyone. Gah, I HATE the changes facebook makes!

I'm just going to assume a client of hers recently had a birth adn she's very tired and hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'll wait an entire week before I let myself continue down the freak out path.

I admire anyone who can do it themselves. My child would ahve burnt the house down if DH wasn't there to watch him while I was sick for 5 weeks straight and bedridden in agony.

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #22
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut View Post
I'm so sorry for those of you who have people in your lives that aren't supportive of your pregnancy (or other family members). People really must not think - or care - about their actions or words affect people. I hope you all can ignore them.

Good luck to you, crunch!, I hope you can find a doula!

I find it interesting how people view c-sections... I had a really good pregnancy and birth with DS (even though I really didn't prepare myself as well as I should have for those needle-pushers!). I did end up getting an epidural, had an episiotomy, and 3rd degree tearing. Recovery was awful. Because of this, my MIL (who I LOVE!) can't understand why I don't just have a c-section this time. Literally that was one of the first questions she asked when we told her the news! When I told her that I'm planning to go med-free this time, she looked at me like I was crazy! She tried to tell me that a c-section would be so much better for me and with an easier recovery. It's really odd to me that our society has made it "normal" and seemingly "safer" to have a c-section than to give birth naturally. Oh well...
Oh my...I never want to have a C/S again if I can avoid one! My DD was a long hard labor that I did end up getting an epidural (learned to not let my mother back in the room again) and ended up vomiting for 18 hours straight during labor, had an episiotomy, and bad tear with as well...My recovery was nothing compared to when I had my C/S with DS. I was in so much pain for so long after my C/S. Trying to bf the first week was so hard too. Overall, the actual delivery was easier, but recovery was awful! I will take my labor pains and tears thank you very much! That first few times trying to walk or just sit up after surgery was so painful.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #23
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

So I have to share my latest project. I have been slowly working on DDs "big girl" room. She is currently sharing a room with DS, and will go to her own room before the newbie arrives...If I can handle it I took her to the store and let her pick out any color that she wanted for the walls, and pink is what I got to deal with. So this is what I have come up with so far. I think I love it! The picket fence goes across the entire wall (yes I did this all by myself and I'm pretty darn proud of it) I am adding the flower decals tonight. I found the rug yesterday at Target in the clearance area and couldn't be happier with it for $20! Next is to finish painting the rest of the trim all white and make her a quilt. DH gets to build her a small loft/fire escape area when I finally decide how I want it. The pic doesn't show very much of it since DH decided to move a heavy dresser that we need to get rid of in front of my beautiful work. Silly boys anyways!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	80025  
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #24
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Way to go mama! I love it! I wish I were that crafty! How awesome! Great job!

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #25
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nice work, Amy! I'm crafty when I feel up to par, but def not when it comes to painting.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #26
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oooohhhh, Amy!!!! Nice work!

Lindsay, I was shocked that my friend, whose husband is from Brazil, was going to schedule a c-section for convenience (SP?). In Brazil, that's what they do she told me. Ok, first we're not in Brazil and two that is MAJOR surgery. Anyways, she didn't do it after all with either of her kids.

People think I am crazy because I have had 2 births with nothing. My first was induced, I had an epi, tore BAD. The recovery from that was so painful, I can't imagine goinng thru that again. I was lucky that DS2 came so fast there was no time for an epi, I begged but it couldn't be done. I felt like a million dollars after that. Some pains but nothing like the first one. I vowed then that I would never (I would do anything in my power to not) have any meds ever again. I had to be induced with DD and I cried so hard. I thought there would be no way I could do it without meds. THe nurses and my midwives were absolutely amazing. They knwe how scared I was and they had wireless monitors!!! It was awesome and I totally did it :grin: I know now I can do it and will this time too!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #27
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut View Post
I'm so sorry for those of you who have people in your lives that aren't supportive of your pregnancy (or other family members). People really must not think - or care - about their actions or words affect people. I hope you all can ignore them.

Good luck to you, crunch!, I hope you can find a doula!

I find it interesting how people view c-sections... I had a really good pregnancy and birth with DS (even though I really didn't prepare myself as well as I should have for those needle-pushers!). I did end up getting an epidural, had an episiotomy, and 3rd degree tearing. Recovery was awful. Because of this, my MIL (who I LOVE!) can't understand why I don't just have a c-section this time. Literally that was one of the first questions she asked when we told her the news! When I told her that I'm planning to go med-free this time, she looked at me like I was crazy! She tried to tell me that a c-section would be so much better for me and with an easier recovery. It's really odd to me that our society has made it "normal" and seemingly "safer" to have a c-section than to give birth naturally. Oh well...
Ugh, my mother is insisting that I'm nuts to go to a midwife this time. She's got it in her head that because I "needed" a c-section last time I'll need one this time. I didn't need one, I had a crappy OB who wouldn't support me the second he saw that my baby was bigger. I had a horrific failed induction and then got pressured into a section. NEVER again. I've suffered 4 years of torturous endo due to that quack, and 2 years of heartbreak when I couldn't conceive. I'm thankful that c-sections are available for those who need them, but a healthy pregnancy is not one that does!
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #28
Aloha Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut

Yes it is so strange to me! Even before I became pro-midwife, anti-hospital for normal, healthy births I was appalled at how many people recommended c-sections! I just kept thinking, why would I want to be cut open & have major surgery when I don't have to? I don't judge people who do it, it just baffles me that to some that is normal/better. It's just not for me. But to each her own I guess :-)

About-to-be-RN mommy to my Sweet 1 (ds 5/11/06) & Sweet 2 (dd 3/30/12)
Aloha Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #29
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
Oooohhhh, Amy!!!! Nice work!

People think I am crazy because I have had 2 births with nothing. My first was induced, I had an epi, tore BAD. The recovery from that was so painful, I can't imagine goinng thru that again. I was lucky that DS2 came so fast there was no time for an epi, I begged but it couldn't be done. I felt like a million dollars after that. Some pains but nothing like the first one. I vowed then that I would never (I would do anything in my power to not) have any meds ever again. I had to be induced with DD and I cried so hard. I thought there would be no way I could do it without meds. THe nurses and my midwives were absolutely amazing. They knwe how scared I was and they had wireless monitors!!! It was awesome and I totally did it :grin: I know now I can do it and will this time too!!!!
This makes me feel so much better to know that recovery was much easier without the meds! I have heard that before, but to hear it "first hand" is great. Thankfully my husband is totally supportive and is even reading a book called The Birth Partner (I think?), so I'm doing my best to ignore any naysayers. I'm looking into hypnobirthing.

Sadly, I don't have the option of using a midwife/birthing center because of chronic hypertension. I'm technically high risk, although there were no issues with DS. While I know it's not really necessary, I feel like I have to explain that my hypertension is strictly due to genetics (it runs through generations in both sides of my family). I've been a vegetarian for almost 20 years, I have always been quite active - even ran a 1/2 marathon last year, do my best to keep stress under control. My Dr. and I tried various things over a period of 3 months before he officially decided that there is very little, if anything I can do to control this without meds... boo. ANYWAY, back on topic, I did some research and tried to find an OB that will be more willing to work with me than my last one was. I meet her next week, so keep your fingers crossed for me that she's as great as I hope she is!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #30
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OK, I just saw the weather for this weekend. It's supposed to be sunny and in the upper-60s. Perfect weather for TN! It's been in the 80s most of the week, and I'm a little ticked off now because I have to write 4 papers (for one class!!!!!!) and build a website this weekend for school I really want to go hiking with my guys!