Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
should I pump or not?

Okay, no flames please, but the past couple nights I've done CIO with DS. He's 6 months and was NOT sleeping well. It was taking way too long to put him to bed so I decided it was worth a try. Last night he cried 45 minutes and slept from 8:45pm-7:15am! Tonight he only cried 30 minutes. I won't be surprised if he does wake up but I'll also be pleasantly surprised if he sleeps all night.

I was so painfully full this morning I pumped 6oz from one side while DS nursed the other side. I could have gone a little more but he was getting wiggly and my other boys wanted breakfast!

Anyway, I feel like I might have a little clogged duct. I kind of hope he wakes because nursing it out will be better than trying to pump it out. It doesn't hurt bad and it's not too hard, but it's a little tender.

But I know that sometimes pumping can make it worse? Is that true? I'm not too worried about my supply. He nursed a lot more frequently today, which makes sense. Should I pump or not? WWYD?

Caroline-happily married to Keith since 4/27/02; momma to D (5/10/05), M (2/10/07) and S (3/25/11)
carolineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Registered Users
I would pump a little to relieve the pressure but not try to drain the whole breast. Basically take smaller steps down so your body has a chance to regulate itself.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Three kiddos -- b/g twins 2007 and YDS 2011
My HBAC story
poppan is offline   Reply With Quote