Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Im Going to Lose My Mind...

..one of these nights!! DD does great during the day...nurses every three-ish hours and "plays"/sleeps in between. Then nighttime comes... I can't get her to sleep more than 30 minutes before she's wanting to nurse again. Why can't our nice daytime schedule work overnight, too?? Mommy is TIRED! aside from just sticking it out...any ideas?? Advice? (Sympathy??)

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 01:07 AM   #2
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How old is she? This may not be relevant but when my ds was in the early weeks and did the same thing, I found info that helped me understand that the hormone levels for milk production are higher from midnight to 6am so baby nursing more at night is helping to get that milk supply good and established. For me it settled down by 6-8 weeks and he started sleeping 6-7 hours. Of course he hit about 4 months and was back to 3-4 hour stretches but the past couple nights he's done better. Last night he did 10 hours! I was about to explode when I woke up!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

Re: Im Going to Lose My Mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolineb View Post
How old is she? This may not be relevant but when my ds was in the early weeks and did the same thing, I found info that helped me understand that the hormone levels for milk production are higher from midnight to 6am so baby nursing more at night is helping to get that milk supply good and established. For me it settled down by 6-8 weeks and he started sleeping 6-7 hours. Of course he hit about 4 months and was back to 3-4 hour stretches but the past couple nights he's done better. Last night he did 10 hours! I was about to explode when I woke up!
Babies go through phases! At night I would suggest keeping it dark even if you are both awake to help your LO learn that it's night time.