Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
husemoller23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My LO is two weeks old & nurses like a champ. Recently he has developed a rash all over his face, and I don't think it's heat rash.....what could I be eating that is causing this? Caffeine? Dairy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2967995130.jpg (9.8 KB, 120 views)

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:
Re: What could be causing this? Pic att.

Could that be infant acne?

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
UnschoolingFamily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yup, loks like infant acne to me. It's totally normal and will go away in its own time.
UnschoolingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
husemoller23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
He had a few little white heads, but now it is covering his ENTIRE face poor little guy!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My kids had it too, all the way up to 8 weeks!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolingFamily
Yup, loks like infant acne to me. It's totally normal and will go away in its own time.
I think so too. Mine had it off and on as newbies. I think ours just had to do with changing hormones. I have never had to avoid any foods while nursing and my older boys don't have any food allergies. (youngest is EBF still, hope he has no allergies either!) Caffiene does bother my youngest, I think, but i'm not sure as he caught a cold at the same time as me drinking "regular". I usually drink decaf anyways so I will probably stick with that just in case. However, he does not have any skin problems from caffiene, instead he is fussy and greenish poops.
He is so cute and new! Hope it clears up soon for him

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

yep looks like acne. You can actually put a little milk on a cotton ball and rub it on his face it suppose to help clear it up.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
NiNi
Registered Users

Aw. I always felt bad when they had that, but it goes away and never seemed to bother them
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

2 of our Littles have had that. With DS we tried every coventional/Dr. suggested solution. His was SEVERE, covering from the top of his head to his nipple line. He was scratching himself and I had to put socks on his hands. Nothing worked, most things made it worse and then he got a skin infection from the Aquafor. When our newest bundle arrived last December she developed it around 6-8 weeks. I decided to try some more natural options. After trying several products we settled on daily showers (with Mama) washing with California baby sensitive w/ a wash cloth to exfoliate a bit. Rinse SUPER WELL and then generous application of the California Baby Calendula. As long as I stayed on top of it it stayed cleared up. Poor little dear There are some NASTY chemicals in baby soap
Old 09-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #10
husemoller23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever
2 of our Littles have had that. With DS we tried every coventional/Dr. suggested solution. His was SEVERE, covering from the top of his head to his nipple line. He was scratching himself and I had to put socks on his hands. Nothing worked, most things made it worse and then he got a skin infection from the Aquafor. When our newest bundle arrived last December she developed it around 6-8 weeks. I decided to try some more natural options. After trying several products we settled on daily showers (with Mama) washing with California baby sensitive w/ a wash cloth to exfoliate a bit. Rinse SUPER WELL and then generous application of the California Baby Calendula. As long as I stayed on top of it it stayed cleared up. Poor little dear There are some NASTY chemicals in baby soap
Do you think the baby soap could be causing this maybe?? I have just been using the off brand, but I might try something else.