Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

JuneBugs weekly chat 10/9-10/15

Is it too early to start a weekly chat?

I made some awesome friends in my last DDC (June 2010) through the weekly chats, so thought I would start one for here....unless there already is one and I am missing it?

I have seen from the threads that a lot of you are feeling sick already. When I got my BFP from my last DS, I was 7 wks pregnant and had started dry heaving (which is why I tested ). I am really hoping that I don't get m/s this time, but we shall see. My symptoms so far- I have had heartburn for a few wks off and on, I fell off of someone's porch a few wks ago and almost fell down my front steps yesterday. Plus the superhuman sense of smell. My nipples are a bit sensitive, but not like usual. I am nursing my 16 mo old and with all my past nurslings, my milk would dry up and it got so annoying to nurse. this time I hope to nurse through and tandem.

I have 4 teens from my 1st marriage and they are thrilled. the toddler doesn't get it yet, but DH keeps trying to let him know how things are gonna change .

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all!

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi!

No morning sickness. Only heartburn and peeing a lot! This pregnancy was a big surprise!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
Hskirball7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi! No m/s yet either, just super tired. I feel at 4 wks I shouldn't be so tired already, but I am. Any recommendations for good prenatals? I need to start them asap but don't wanna pay $40 a box every month like I did with DS.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hskirball7
Hi! No m/s yet either, just super tired. I feel at 4 wks I shouldn't be so tired already, but I am. Any recommendations for good prenatals? I need to start them asap but don't wanna pay $40 a box every month like I did with DS.
That a lot! I got some nature made with dha last night until I can find something better. Rainbow one a day were recommended.

I meet with a midwife Tuesday to discuss vba2c I'm very nervous/excited and trying not to get my hopes up just yet.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs weekly chat 10/9-10/15

I'm 6 weeks and I've got some pretty yukcy nausea but no throwing up yet. There have been a few dry heave sessions that I could do without too. Also the heartburn and I'm sleepy...alot lol! Today especially but that's because its our Thanksgiving this weekend and I'm cooking dinner for 20 people so I've been busy lol!

As for prenatals, I'm actually just taking a mulitvitamin, folic acid and when I can stomach it DHA/Omega 3's (I've been stealing my kids fishie ones but they really smell and taste like fish under the flavouring and I almost threw them up yesterday).
Old 10-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't exactly had morning sickness yet either but I have been pretty nauseous. And I made the mistake of not eating because i was nauseous and then I was really hungry AND nauseous...so I completely overate and am still feeling gross because of that. Last time I had heartburn from day one and I haven't had that at all yet!

like you guys I am so exhausted. Feel like I just can't get any energy. I have also been super emotional. This morning I cried like a baby when I couldn't find my sunglasses and then we dropped my daughter off at church nursery and she screamed when we left. the sight of her little sad face was just too much for me and I just broke down and sobbed right at church. Not good, especially since we haven't told anyone there yet!! Hopefully I'll get a grip as my body gets used to being pregnant...
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear you on being overly emotional. I cried watching Bolt with the kids this morning, and almost cried because I messed up my pie crusts last night and I go from happy and perky to cranky very quickly if I don't snack constantly.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
Hskirball7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So one a day prenatals are good? They come with a dha capsule, and I know I need that asap.

Super emotional here too! I've sobbed through two movies, one of which was only mildly sad. Lol then I laugh at myself. So far so good. I remember m/s made me soooo irritable last pregnancy so I'm trying to stay in a good mood while I don't have any.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
Hskirball7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607

That a lot! I got some nature made with dha last night until I can find something better. Rainbow one a day were recommended.

I meet with a midwife Tuesday to discuss vba2c I'm very nervous/excited and trying not to get my hopes up just yet.
So excited for you! And I will pray you get your vbac. What a wonderful experience it'd be for you!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #10
larken
Registered Users
seller

No morning sickness here, but I didn't have much nausea with DD either. I'll start feeling sick if I don't eat often enough, but I feel better as soon as I get some food in me. I wish I felt more pregnant so I'd feel like my little bean is really doing something in there! I was only 6 weeks yesterday though. I have been pretty tired, but not as tired as I was with DD. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I SAH now and I can usually convince DD to nap with me if I need to. I've been a bit emotional too. Before I even got my BFP I cried at the end of Homeward Bound I also have sore nipples & some pain when DD latches on, but nothing too bad.

I'm not taking a prenatal during this pregnancy. We eat a fairly healthy diet so I'm not concerned. I also have a fruit smoothie most days with wheat germ, wheat bran, flax seed, blackstrap molasses and tons of spinach.

Anyone have any food aversions? I LOVE avocados. They're one of my very favorite foods! But since I got pregnant, just looking at one grosses me out Hopefully I'll be over it by the time they're back in season.
larken is offline   Reply With Quote