Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #1
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Alva bamboo inserts are AWESOME!!

So I got some bamboo inserts from Alva Baby during the co-op. I got 8 but I should have bought 28! They are SO trim, super soft and really, REALLY absorbent! I'm in love with them. I'm done with JoeyBunz and expensive, bulky inserts. These are my holy grail inserts. What makes them even better is how they can be used in so many ways. As an insert in a pocket, on it's own in a PUL cover (they're great in a Bummis Super Lite), folded in a prefold or as a doubler at night or for a super soaker. I'm posting this because I know a lot of mamas couldn't get in on the co-op due to lack of feedback scores. Well, you can order the inserts directly from Alva as long as you order 20+. That may seem like a lot, but they're $2 each (when you order 20) so at that price so you can easily sell the extras or get a little group order going. I actually don't think 20 is too many though because I use two at night for DD and I know lots of you have two in cloth so 20 is really reasonable. I hope this helps someone because I know how hard it can be to find trim, absorbent, soft, affordable inserts. These are all of those things!

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 03:04 AM   #2
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Alva bamboo inserts are AWESOME!!

I gave most of mine away b/c I can't say no when people wanted to add on more inserts. But I finally got 70 back, when I have my next order I'll have 100 between my two kids. Love them! They are absorbent, but not stiff like bamboo fleece or hemp can be. We just lay in a pocket so I don't have to deal with stuffing.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #3
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post

I gave most of mine away b/c I can't say no when people wanted to add on more inserts. But I finally got 70 back, when I have my next order I'll have 100 between my two kids. Love them! They are absorbent, but not stiff like bamboo fleece or hemp can be. We just lay in a pocket so I don't have to deal with stuffing.

Yes!! Not stiff at all! That's part of what impressed me so much. And thanks for mentioning laying them in the pocket. I hate stuffing (that's why I had boycotted pockets for so long) and was wondering if laying in would work. I'd rather have bamboo against DD's skin anyway. Though I will say that Alva's SC doesn't bother DD's bum the way BG's does!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:37 AM   #4
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:

These sound so tempting! I'm trying to switch over to natural fiber inserts that are trim and absorbent and not stiff. Where do you see them on their site? I looked but couldn't find anything but the bamboo diapers. I just got 3 Alva pockets from another store this week but they aren't a good fit for my little one so I'm going to be selling those but I need more inserts for my other pockets. Do you know if ordering 20 inserts qualifies for the faster 7 day shipping?
Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #5
ekeith28
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't think I'd love them as much as I do!

Get 150,000+ free online coupon codes, printable grocery coupons, restaurant coupons, cash back and more at ShopAtHome.com!
ekeith28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
healthydiapers
Registered Users
seller

So one insert in a pocket dipe is enough for daytime use? How many layers are they? And what size? I can't seem to find them on the alva website, except for with the bamboo diapers.

Last edited by healthydiapers; 09-28-2011 at 05:53 AM.
healthydiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
NiNi
Registered Users

Is there a link where you can order them from Alva? I can never find it.
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 AM   #8
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine are still in the wash. Do they slide around when you double them or should I consider sewing two inserts together?
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

Just email Alva directly to order. The $2/each also includes the shipping from China.

Maine-ly Cloth Blog
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #10
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

They aren't listed on the site. I emailed them directly and then paid through Paypal (they are totally trust worthy, no worries there). I ordered some leggings and a wetbag and then emailed them to add the inserts to the order so it could all ship together. Shipping is included in the prices so no extra fees or anything.

The inserts are one size and I have no idea how many layers, but they're really absorbent and two would be enough for a super soaker for day time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmomma View Post
Mine are still in the wash. Do they slide around when you double them or should I consider sewing two inserts together?
Actually I found that having two in there kept them in place even better!