Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Appropriate Show and Tell Item??

It could be a very long day for the preschool teachers after that. I would at least discuss it with them prior to his turn to make sure that it would be okay. Otherwise I would try to encourage him to find another beloved item to bring.

My current show and tell problem is that my 1st grader desparately wants us to dig up her dead cat from where we buried him so that she can bring him to school. Obviously, this is not even remotely going to happen. But, I'm having a difficult time explaining it to her and I'm not quite ready to explain decomposition to a 6 year old who LOVED her kitty.

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
It could be a very long day for the preschool teachers after that. I would at least discuss it with them prior to his turn to make sure that it would be okay. Otherwise I would try to encourage him to find another beloved item to bring.

My current show and tell problem is that my 1st grader desparately wants us to dig up her dead cat from where we buried him so that she can bring him to school. Obviously, this is not even remotely going to happen. But, I'm having a difficult time explaining it to her and I'm not quite ready to explain decomposition to a 6 year old who LOVED her kitty.
Ohh, I'm glad he didn't even consider the cat. Especially after the last child brought their dog in. Of course the dog was living, but what's the difference right.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #13
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Our school's main show and tell rule is that the item has to fit in their backpack and cannot be alive. So, of course my 6 year old figures her dead cat will fit and is no longer alive. Gotta love that logic.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
Our school's main show and tell rule is that the item has to fit in their backpack and cannot be alive. So, of course my 6 year old figures her dead cat will fit and is no longer alive. Gotta love that logic.
I had to laugh at that one. Can't question her logic-- she is right it's not alive and would fit in her back pack

As to OP I would think it would be fine but I like your idea of talking with the teacher first.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #15
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

If I were his teacher I would (secretly) get a big kick out of that. It's name is Farts, not A%%hole. The only think I might worry about is the teacher reprimanding him for it. If I were teaching the class, I wouldn't, but some teachers may tell him it is inappropriate.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99
If I were his teacher I would (secretly) get a big kick out of that. It's name is Farts, not A%%hole. The only think I might worry about is the teacher reprimanding him for it. If I were teaching the class, I wouldn't, but some teachers may tell him it is inappropriate.
That.

sent from my droid x...excuse all typos and autocorrect!
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #17
tusheez
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I say let him take it! Maybe he could bring a picture in of his Aunt too who helped him name him. I dont see anything wrong with his name. It obviously means alot to him and holds a special place in his heart. I am a parent who lets kids be kids life is too short. There are more important things to be worried about.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #18
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to update that I asked the teacher. She giggled and said it was fine. So now we just have to make it through the week of him asking if it is his day or not. He's excited to say the least.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #19
tusheez
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
Just wanted to update that I asked the teacher. She giggled and said it was fine. So now we just have to make it through the week of him asking if it is his day or not. He's excited to say the least.
great are we there yet are we there yet lol
Old 10-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #20
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

I'm glad to read your update. I love preschool teachers who are all about the kids! I am sure that he will have a great time and I bet the teachers are looking forward to a memorable day.