Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Phin'sMom
Registered Users
seller

He eats ALL night long

What I am doing wrong!! I need sleep!! He is 5 month and a great baby but he eats all night, it's not just comfort it's latching and swallowing I am exhausted!
He is growing and gaining like a champ! His latch is a little "wonkey" we went through a period of over supply and him getting to much air and being awake because he had bubbles but this has been ongoing for about 3 months! I am near tears all night because I am so tired.....
Any ideas?? I am just so frustrated I don't know what to do........

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: He eats ALL night long

Can you not fall asleep while he's nursing?
My son is a lazy nurser/has tongue tie, but I believe even at 1yr he still gets A LOT of him nutrients while I'm asleep. I work during the day, so I know he likes to be attached whenever I'm home, but its also just a pattern we've fallen into because I can sleep through it.
I did notice that when we were exploring some health problems and the doctor had me almost exclusively pumping, when we would feed him a large bottle right before bed he would sleep for longer periods during the night. Perhaps you could go that route if you are not opposed to pumping?
Good luck. Hope you can tough it out. Could he be growth spurting or has this been a long time thing?
Old 09-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
MyChubs0831
Registered Users

My Mood:

Teething will cause a baby to want to nurse all night, if it's that then I suggest an amber teething necklace, and then otherwise tank up before bed will get him to sleep longer. And it could just be a phase he's going through. Or reverse cycling if you work/busy during day.
MyChubs0831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I would say teething or growth spurt, and it will (hopefully) pass soon. My DD went from sleeping from 6 hours down to 2-4 around that age for about a week. She was cutting her first teeth. I used to co-sleep and nurse laying down to survive... good luck mama!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote