Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
one side won't let down for the pump!

So, DS has started sleeping better at night now. WOOHOO! But, I am waking up super engorged! The other day, I pumped one side which wasn't as full as the other, so I pumped the fuller side (right) while he nursed (left) and got 6oz! I could have gotten more but he was getting wiggly and my other boys wanted breakfast. This morning I was really full and let him nurse the fuller side (right), but didn't get my pump stuff set up so I just tried pumping after feeding him. I mean, I was FULL (left) and I could barely get drops coming out. I just couldn't let down, but the other side where he had nursed (right) 10 minutes before was letting down again.

I need to pump tonight as I had a meeting so DH gave him a bottle for bed. I just don't want to be in pain, so I want to pump, but how can I get it to let down better? I am always able to get more out of the right side than the left whenever I pump, it doesn't matter when I pump. I guess the left side is a lazy boob! I plan on pumping both sides.

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
KaysieW003
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: one side won't let down for the pump!

Try a nice warm moist cloth over the breast you want to let down, that might help oh and gentle massage