Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #11
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Re: I think I've Been Scammed on Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyn4wisechix View Post
THAT is ridiculous!!!

OP: Here's a thought... if PP won't give you your money back & you used a CC, call your CC company as soon as you get the statement (possibly even as soon as the transactions posts, which could be way sooner than when you get your statement depending upon your statement close date, etc.). THAT is why I ALWAYS pay via CC even when using PP... I have the added protection that if PP doesn't help, my CC will.

I have had a few scammers on eBay, but so far I have always gotten my money back... once I bought some bootlegged DVDs & they guy had the gall to say I had to pay return shipping to return the FAKE DVDs. Good thing for me he was stupid & hit the PP button that I had already returned the DVDs... had they tried to make me pay the return shipping for 20 something DVDs I was going to tell them I was going to Disney & turn them BOTH in. I was also going to my CC company, but like I said, the guy goofed up because he didn't understand English (which was apparent in our email correspondence) & I got my money back w/out having to do all that. Lesson learned!

Another time I bought CDs from a lady on eBay & she closed up shop... the witch was using SHOWER CURTAIN liners in the dipes & I found out because I ripped one apart & saw the liner... the dead giveaway was the hole for the shower curtain rings at the top of the dipe!! I got my money back then too... I used a CC.

I hope you get your $$ back STAT!!
I haven't used a CC is years as we are trying to get out of debt.

But, I might have to open a cc just for that added protection. That is a great idea.

The problem is $32 of that was my pp balance and the other $13 was my checking account. This continues to be a very eye-opening experience.

I am still shocked by how low some people will stoop to steal a dishonest dollar.

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
jcalumna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yep, something similar happened to me. Ebay yanked the listing, but my seller still shipped me the product.

Sorry to hear you have to go through this!!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #13
Hippie Made
Registered Users
Formerly: squishygoodstuff
seller

My Mood:

This happenned to me about a year ago, I did get the money back no problem, but it took a month
Hippie Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #14
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalumna View Post
Yep, something similar happened to me. Ebay yanked the listing, but my seller still shipped me the product.

Sorry to hear you have to go through this!!
Thanks

I guess I have been pretty blessed on DS though, cause I have never had a DS mama do anything so shady. I will be sticking around here for awhile.

And, wow, that's great that you actually got the product. One can hope, right?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #15
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie Made View Post
This happenned to me about a year ago, I did get the money back no problem, but it took a month
Well, that's reassuring. At least I will get my money back eventually.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellyluwho View Post
I haven't used a CC is years as we are trying to get out of debt.

But, I might have to open a cc just for that added protection. That is a great idea.

The problem is $32 of that was my pp balance and the other $13 was my checking account. This continues to be a very eye-opening experience.

I am still shocked by how low some people will stoop to steal a dishonest dollar.
We don't have debt... we pay for things we know we need to have that "insurance" for w/the CC (or anything online) & pay off at the end of the month. If we can't buy it & pay for it when the bill comes, we don't get it.

Good for you for being so disciplined!!

I hope it doesn't take too long to get your $$ back.... dishonest people suck... that is the best way I can explain it.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
reneaumommy
Registered Users
seller

I too have been ebay scammed! A few years ago I bought some diapers from a WAHM. She kept saying she was behind on orders and would ship right away. Then she started telling me they had shipped but they never arrived. I tried to be understanding and let it go too long. When I finally filed a dispute with paypal it had been too long (I think you have 60 days?). I also called ebay and they said they couldn't do anything about my money but the member's account was deleted. There were others who were also scammed by this lady. In the end I was out about $50.
reneaumommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #18
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

ugh that is horrible!! I hope you get your money back asap!

Oh, and I love your sn. I call my daughter Cindy Lu Who lol
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #19
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post
ugh that is horrible!! I hope you get your money back asap!

Oh, and I love your sn. I call my daughter Cindy Lu Who lol
Shelly Lu Who is what my mom calls me
Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #20
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneaumommy View Post
I too have been ebay scammed! A few years ago I bought some diapers from a WAHM. She kept saying she was behind on orders and would ship right away. Then she started telling me they had shipped but they never arrived. I tried to be understanding and let it go too long. When I finally filed a dispute with paypal it had been too long (I think you have 60 days?). I also called ebay and they said they couldn't do anything about my money but the member's account was deleted. There were others who were also scammed by this lady. In the end I was out about $50.
I can't believe she got away with that! I am so sorry.