Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #21
firstlynn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think I've Been Scammed on Ebay

ebay has a 100% guarantee on things like this now. just escalate the case or try calling ebay directly. it might take up to 1 week for them to 'escalate' the issue, but they do guarantee you'll get your money back

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #22
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlynn View Post
ebay has a 100% guarantee on things like this now. just escalate the case or try calling ebay directly. it might take up to 1 week for them to 'escalate' the issue, but they do guarantee you'll get your money back
I didn't know I could call ebay- I will try that.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #23
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyn4wisechix View Post
We don't have debt... we pay for things we know we need to have that "insurance" for w/the CC (or anything online) & pay off at the end of the month. If we can't buy it & pay for it when the bill comes, we don't get it.

Good for you for being so disciplined!!

I hope it doesn't take too long to get your $$ back.... dishonest people suck... that is the best way I can explain it.
I have a good friend who does that with CCs and they end up oweing her money, LOL.

Thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #24
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Yuck. I think you should easily be able to get your $$ back though, Paypal won't release the funds to them until you leave feedback so you should be able to just file a claim and immediately escalate with the transaction ID # and the info given to you.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #25
firstlynn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ebay customer support:
Phone:
866-540-3229

How to reach a live person:
Press 2 and then enter your pin. If you don't have a pin, just press "#"

Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: 5am-10pm PST
Sat-Sun: 6am-6pm PS
Old 09-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #26
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That stinks! So sorry you're going through it!!
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #27
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for all of your support, Mamas. And thanks so much for finding the Ebay customer service # for me, Lynn. I am planning on calling ebay tonight when my night minutes kick in. That's great that they are open until 10pm PST, that is 1am in EST,my time zone. Hopefully I can post good news soon.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #28
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't worry too much, eBay is usually awesome if you're the buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyn4wisechix View Post
THAT is ridiculous!!!

OP: Here's a thought... if PP won't give you your money back & you used a CC, call your CC company as soon as you get the statement (possibly even as soon as the transactions posts, which could be way sooner than when you get your statement depending upon your statement close date, etc.). THAT is why I ALWAYS pay via CC even when using PP... I have the added protection that if PP doesn't help, my CC will.

I have had a few scammers on eBay, but so far I have always gotten my money back... once I bought some bootlegged DVDs & they guy had the gall to say I had to pay return shipping to return the FAKE DVDs. Good thing for me he was stupid & hit the PP button that I had already returned the DVDs... had they tried to make me pay the return shipping for 20 something DVDs I was going to tell them I was going to Disney & turn them BOTH in. I was also going to my CC company, but like I said, the guy goofed up because he didn't understand English (which was apparent in our email correspondence) & I got my money back w/out having to do all that. Lesson learned!

Another time I bought CDs from a lady on eBay & she closed up shop... the witch was using SHOWER CURTAIN liners in the dipes & I found out because I ripped one apart & saw the liner... the dead giveaway was the hole for the shower curtain rings at the top of the dipe!! I got my money back then too... I used a CC.

I hope you get your $$ back STAT!!
I had the same thing happen, except the seller and PayPal wanted me to send them back. I called PP and quoted USPS website that it was illegal to ship the DVD's. PP told me to destroy it and gave me my money back.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #29
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Update in first post