Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

Do you think I got scammed? What should I do?

I bought a sling from a WAHM outside of diaper swappers from her private store on August 30th. After not seeing the item updated in PP and receiving no contact from the seller, I decided to email her on Sept 8th. I very nicely said that I noticed that the sling hadn't shipped and was just curious if she had any info. She replied back within 3 hours of my initial email apologizing. Here is the email:
"Sorry it's taken some time. I was trying to reconcile inventory with my online site, somehow the quantity on the website of the (name taken out) sling should have shown "sold out" but it isn't. We are in the process of going through my materials inventory, give me a day or two and I can see if I have any of that material remaining to sew you up a sling! I know for sure we have the brown and pink sling in stock (name taken out) if you would like that one shipped out I can do that immediatly. So sorry for the trouble! I'm not sure why the website admin won't allow a quantity option for products right now, but we are looking into it!
Thanks"

I found this story to be fishy... but proceeded anyway. I said that I would patiently wait for the original print that I purchased, but was fine with the other print as I liked it as well. That same day, I emailed her back asking for the "in stock" print to be shipped to me right away rather than waiting any longer (with no communication or further confirmation on her part.)

Sept 13th I emailed her back again asking for an update (very nicely, I might add!) and just wanting to confirm that I was OK with the in-stock print. She emailed me back the next day saying that she will be shipping the in-stock print "this week." This was Sept 14th.

sooooo.... no sling yet.

But I am TRYING to be patient considering this sling is shipping from outside of the continental US, but still in the US. I have family who lives in the same location and it NEVER takes this long to get packages. IMO, considering the hassle of not having the print.. yada yada.. I would have shipped PRIORITY. I mean, I recently sold a diaper on FSOT, didn't get to the PO until 2 days later and shipped priority for the mamas inconvenience, even though it was $3 more... it was MY BAD.

The slings are very unique in the type of print she uses, which is why I fell for the prints in the first place, but after "liking" her page on facebook and seeing that it wasn't really active (and had a few mamas from 2010 wondering why they had no communication OR sling yet) AND then finding her etsy... completely empty and unused.. AND finding an ebay account from before she opened her own .com store that had a neg feedback from not ever receiving anything.. I started to get worried.

DH thinks I should file a pp dispute ASAP and start fighting for my $$ back. I'm trying to hold out hope that maybe she just lost the passion or something and is taking forever to ship. I've seen a lot of complaints about slower than slow shipping. IDK what to do. Advice needed please! I've never been in this situation before.

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
emilyrebekah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you think I got scammed? What should I do?

File that claim with PP now, because I know they put a time limit on the issue. I think it's 45 days. It will protect both of you, and show that you've made initiative trying to contact her and resolve the issue.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
desertgirl
Registered Users
seller

I run a super small business with low quantities of inventory, and sometimes do have trouble with inventory updating automatically...so I can sort of understand the first email from the seller. The rest though, sends up red flags. I'd file a dispute.

I'm going through something similar with an etsy shop. Bought 2 items on Aug. 31. I contacted the seller a few days later about shipping, and she took a couple of days to respond, and when she did it was all apology, internet connection is bad, blah blah, having trouble with the printer printing labels, blah, blah, but sending items out later this week. I'm surprised she didn't turn out the family emergency excuse. Despite a few more emails from me, there has been no further communication from her. Checked her site this morning, and she's gotten a bunch of negative ratings this week--apparently no one else is getting their stuff either. So...I've filed my first PayPal dispute and left my first negative rating. It's kinda sad.
desertgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

If you still have No dc, just open a dispute now, it isn't a big deal to open a dispute to get the ball rolling jic and close once the item arrives, if it arrives. Good luck
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
mamashhon
Registered Users
seller

Im glad to hear that hopefully her story is somewhat believable. There were only a few items listed. However, it's been a month and her store hasn't been fixed OR updated.

I decided to email her one last time in hopes of getting some info. I basically very politely asked if she had any DC she could provide me because i am worried my package may be lost. If i get no responses or package by Saturday.. Im filing with pp.

I have SUCH a hard time being assertive about stuff like this. I hate to be mean, but Im getting very frustrated.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With the top info, I wouldn't have been that concerned, but with the last info about negative reviews and others not getting anything, I'd file NOW!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamashhon
Im glad to hear that hopefully her story is somewhat believable. There were only a few items listed. However, it's been a month and her store hasn't been fixed OR updated.

I decided to email her one last time in hopes of getting some info. I basically very politely asked if she had any DC she could provide me because i am worried my package may be lost. If i get no responses or package by Saturday.. Im filing with pp.

I have SUCH a hard time being assertive about stuff like this. I hate to be mean, but Im getting very frustrated.
It's not mean to file. If it comes after you file, and you have it in your hands and are satisfied, you can close it with no recourse to her. And if it doesn't, you are safe.

Sent from my myTouch 3G Slide using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:22 AM   #8
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, unfortunately, it's been a month since you ordered now. You should really file ASAP. If it ends up coming after all, you can close the dispute. Otherwise, keep it open until it's completely resolved. Good luck!
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

File now for sure. If you do not then you may run out of time to file and you would be out of luck on getting ur money back. Good luck!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
mamashhon
Registered Users
seller

Yeah after talking to another friend (and finding more negative feedback) I am going to file. It's been almost 24 hrs since I emailed the seller, no response :/ I have a bad feeling about this.