Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

Re: Do you think I got scammed? What should I do?

Alright... dispute open! I found a blog from 2010 from this seller talking about how she was closing up shop and is no longer in business. This makes me extremely nervous that a "store" was still open and accepting my money.

I've never opened a claim before. I opened it, wrote my details, but see that it has an option to escalate to a dispute... do I only do that if I don't hear anything back? I'm confused.

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #12
trellisaze
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamashhon
Alright... dispute open! I found a blog from 2010 from this seller talking about how she was closing up shop and is no longer in business. This makes me extremely nervous that a "store" was still open and accepting my money.

I've never opened a claim before. I opened it, wrote my details, but see that it has an option to escalate to a dispute... do I only do that if I don't hear anything back? I'm confused.
You can escalate to a claim now, or you can wait to see how she responds. Personally I would go ahead an escalate it in this situation. Good luck!
trellisaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #13
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

And do not close the dispute before it's resolved - either have your sling in hand or a full refund. Once you close it, you cannot reopen it.
carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would wait to escalate, let her at least respond first. I don't think her story is all that fishy and the blog post about closing shop isn't that bad, she may have changed her mind. Good luck.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #15
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

I figured I'd update on what's happened since. I wrote the seller asking for DC# to see if I could track my package. I also opened the dispute. The night I opened it through PP, the seller wrote me back a short message about how she is sorry for the delay, thanks me for my patience, and will be shipping TOMORROW (which was 10/1). I was seriously LIVID. But I kept my cool.

I wrote her back asking (somewhat annoyed at this point) for a refund rather than the sling to be shipped. My husband, to be honest, is freaking TICKED. I told her that after not having the print I wanted, not informing me, then NOT shipping it to me, that this whole ordeal was kind of ridiculous.

She wrote me back saying that I was completely right, basically that her store is no longer open and she wasn't aware that there were even slings on there to be purchased. She also says she has 6 kids and a slow/down internet connection, yada yada, and this is why she couldn't get to the post office and ship. I know she has 4 kids from seeing her FB. So the original excuse/story about "reconciling inventory" is complete bull. She told me that she issued me a refund and would also be shipping me the sling to make up for the hassle.

I still have NO refund via paypal. And to be honest, I just want my $ back, not the sling. Not both. I'm so annoyed over this whole situation and can think of a much better place to spend that $.

I updated in PP that I was told I would be given a refund and haven't been given one yet.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #16
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

So sorry mama. What a crappy situation.
carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote