Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #21
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: at what age do most boys start to be curious about naked girls?

You don't need to know any special words to get **** out of google! type naked and girl and I'm sure you'll get an eyefull! I bet you don't even need to spell either word correctly!

Advertisement

isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:06 AM   #22
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not sure about boys, but I know I was interested at looking at naked people at that age.
Samandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #23
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just asked DH and he says he can't remember a time when he wasn't interested in seeing skin. He discovered his father's magazine stash around 2nd grade and says he was interested as early as kindergarten, if not sooner.

Now I'm starting to wonder if my DS1 is "normal."
Old 10-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #24
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep deprived
I'd be interested to see what the two or three dads around here think. I'm pretty sure curiousity starts before a kid is willing to fess up to it. I remember an old boyfriend talking about being interested in girls at age 8. Some kids are just wired to be interested earlier - it's not all "OMG pop culture made my kid a pervert".

That said, if he knew what to type to look for things on the web, he's definitely been watching the older brother. Apart from the exploitative nature of "pron", I'd be worried what a kid might think about sex if that was their source of information. What one sees in such films bears very little resemblance to what one sees in most bedrooms.

Have you seen this?
That article was great! It made me laugh.
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #25
Sarai*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son, eight, totally thinks naked girls are "gross" and averts his eyes "eewww"

Last year for a school assignment, he was on the computer, and screamed in horror "ewww she doesn't have clothes on", I ran in, to see what had made it past the parental filter, and found he was looking at a picture of a stone Greek statue of Venus, nude from the waist up. My son turned to me in all innocence, and said "Mom, can you BELIEVE something like THAT is on the internet, for everyone to see??" Uh, yeah buddy.

I don't know about most eight year old boys, I can only tell you naked girls are full of cooties at our house. :giggle2
Old 10-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #26
Inspired Creations
Registered Users
Formerly: lbp215
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep deprived View Post
I'd be interested to see what the two or three dads around here think. I'm pretty sure curiousity starts before a kid is willing to fess up to it. I remember an old boyfriend talking about being interested in girls at age 8. Some kids are just wired to be interested earlier - it's not all "OMG pop culture made my kid a pervert".

That said, if he knew what to type to look for things on the web, he's definitely been watching the older brother. Apart from the exploitative nature of "pron", I'd be worried what a kid might think about sex if that was their source of information. What one sees in such films bears very little resemblance to what one sees in most bedrooms.

Have you seen this?

I loved the article too! Thanks for that!! I appreciate all the comments and really, I think it's more innocent than not, but I agree, I don't want the internet to be where my son learns about sex for the first time (or at all, until he's much older!).

You guys are all wonderful for adding your comments. And I will fess up too, that I can remember being curious about naked bodies as a kid (can't remember what age) and seeing pictures in the encyclopedia was intriguing. Unfortunately, the internet is the main option for viewing naked people in our house.

Thanks again for all the thoughtful comments and input. I really really appreciate it! And I have had a good chat with my son but not the other boy's mom yet. been trying to get her but haven't been successful.

Thanks!

Find me on Facebook!
Inspired Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #27
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad you see it as a natural curiosity. You can get weird stuff through Google and the other kid's brother probably tried to shock him by showing him the not natural stuff. . .which only peaked his interest. It's unfortunate that you can't school him on the truth and what is natural and right (ok, right isn't the word I'm trying to think of, the birds and the bees?) However you can keep lines open with your DS and be sure to let him know it's ok to ask you and dh questions. They do make body books for kids that age-I know when I was in school they started "sex-ed" in fourth grade. It was less about the actual sex part and more about the bodies and how ours were changing -

As for when they get interested just in the differences- My 3 year old is always asking about the differences and talking about his penis and why don't girls have one etc - my 6 year old- not at all interested.

As for sexually- just like puberty it all depends on the kid and it isn't always due to media.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #28
fleacyt
Registered Users

Hi I just found this thread! Seriously with everything online it can really mess up a child's sexuality (bestiality is just the start online it seems!). I would really be worried about this kid printing or downloading it on a phone/ iPad other and showing your son. I wouldn't let my own kid go to anothers house and use their computer and I think I would contact the parents and teacher because if he is showing him this at school regularly then what?
fleacyt is offline   Reply With Quote