Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

FRER question - UPDATE - nvm AF showed

*** Took another FRER and it was positive and then AF showed up in the middle of the night and my temp fell this morning. I wanted AF to show.... but not if there was a baby trying to grow in my uterus

For a lot of reasons, which would take forever to type out, I took a pg test today. I used an FRER. The line turned faintly pink quickly so I ripped the test apart to see if my eyes were playing tricks and the pink line just got darker as the test dried.

Another FRER taken a while later was BFN (maybe a faint line, but it could be an evap - hard to tell).

A CBE was positive, but I think they are notorious for evaps.

Two internet cheapies were inconclusive - I see a line, then I don't.

I do not know what to make of this. I do not really want to be pg right now. We are being very careful. My cycles are wonky from BFing. And although I'm charting, The past week I've been on a major roller coaster thinking my period is overdue, then FF moved my crosshairs and now says I am 9DPO. (oh and something similar happened in the past few weeks, followed by a positive CBE, and then a dozen BFNs)

I'm kind of having a minor panic attack, lol. I have a 6 mo old and I am not ready for another one. Of course, I would adjust.... but I just wish AF would show up.

Anyway, does anyone know if pulling apart the first FRER would have messed up the results and made it a false positive result? It's NOT a grey line, it is pink and showed up within the 10 mins, but I wonder if I had left it to do its thing maybe the pink line would have faded or disappeared. .... I know I sound crazy.... I'm sorry ladies. I have never looked so forward to getting AF.

Advertisement

Last edited by Kiliki; 10-19-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:
Re: FRER question

if the line is still there- I don't think pulling it apart would've changed anything.
I'm thinking you may be preggo w/ that many possible positives.
And the FRER that was negative may have been from too diluted urine and not a sensitive enough test. If you are only 9dpo, that would explain that.

I know it sux, but the only thing you can do now is wait another day and test in the am.. and then again the next day if that still isn't clear. Good luck
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

oh yea I figured I have to wait and just retest in a few days... but I'm hopelessly impatient, so I was hoping for someone to say, "oh yea! I opened my test and got a positive, too! That can happen when you open the test."

I'm pathetic.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
TofuScramble
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
oh yea I figured I have to wait and just retest in a few days... but I'm hopelessly impatient, so I was hoping for someone to say, "oh yea! I opened my test and got a positive, too! That can happen when you open the test."

I'm pathetic.
I have not heard that one yet. lol

I know, it sux waiting, especially when you have inconclusive tests. Just try not to think about it the rest of the day- and tomorrow will be here before you know it!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

My goal is to wait until 14dpo - so, I want to wait 5 days! Can she do it?!?! YES I CAN! (no I can't) We'll see. I'll KUP.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
TofuScramble
Registered Users

My Mood:

I give you until 4am
Old 10-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think opening it changes the results at all. I've dissasembled many a test... and it always stays either positive or negative
Old 10-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

well I took another frer yesterday - it was also positive. Then my period started last night. It's such a strange bittersweet feeling. I'm very emotional over it.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
TofuScramble
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: FRER question - UPDATE - nvm AF showed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
*** Took another FRER and it was positive and then AF showed up in the middle of the night and my temp fell this morning. I wanted AF to show.... but not if there was a baby trying to grow in my uterus
does sound like a chemical, I'm sorry Mama
Old 10-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Re: FRER question - UPDATE - nvm AF showed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuScramble View Post
does sound like a chemical, I'm sorry Mama
Thanks. This is not a good time for me to have another, so I am okay with it... although I would never WANT something like that to happen....I'm only 6 mos PP, my body is probably not ready to carry another baby yet.... I dunno...

Such mixed emotions! UGH!