Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #21
Mom2MaggieSue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Inappropriate place to NIP?

I think I've nursed just about every imaginable place, the the bank lobby is one of the better ones! Especially with the nasty weather, I think your DH deserves a kick in the I can see where he is coming from, but as long as you were descrete about it, I can't imagine it being inapproriate at all. And really I think people would rather you NIP than listen to your baby scream.

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2007, 01:16 PM   #22
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2MaggieSue View Post
but as long as you were descrete about it
you may not have ment it that way.....but why does a woman HAVE to be discreet when NIP? the law is the law, discreet or not. personally, if you don't like it, don't look.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #23
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would have nursed him there. I nurse my DS wherever we are if he is hungry. I nurse him every week in church during service in the pew. IMHO God gave me the baby & the milk to feed him so why should I feel ashamed about BF? I try to be as discrete as possible and sometimes that means not covering up if DS is going to be fussy about it. We just sit in discrete place to start with and try to propigate the idea that BF is natural, ordinary, that BF is the real reason women have boobs.
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #24
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncatsmeow View Post
I nurse where ever I am......if my dd is hungry, she is allowed to eat.
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #25
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janendragon View Post
you may not have ment it that way.....but why does a woman HAVE to be discreet when NIP? the law is the law, discreet or not. personally, if you don't like it, don't look.
Couldn't have said it better.

But with regards to her husband, if it makes a difference to her husband, than perhaps discretion is worth while. After all, I would be FAR more upset by my husband suggesting I was being inappropriate than if some stranger did.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #26
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchPunkMom View Post
Couldn't have said it better.

But with regards to her husband, if it makes a difference to her husband, than perhaps discretion is worth while. After all, I would be FAR more upset by my husband suggesting I was being inappropriate than if some stranger did.
oh, by all means, if you arnt comfortable being exposed, i find covering up fine. But I don't like the idea that some people have that just because THEY covered up, every woman who NIP should to and when they don't, they are wrong.

As for the dh thing...I don't listen to my dh on issues like that, if he has a problem, its his issue not mine. But other wives have different relationships with their dh's lol.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #27
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janendragon View Post
oh, by all means, if you arnt comfortable being exposed, i find covering up fine. But I don't like the idea that some people have that just because THEY covered up, every woman who NIP should to and when they don't, they are wrong.

As for the dh thing...I don't listen to my dh on issues like that, if he has a problem, its his issue not mine. But other wives have different relationships with their dh's lol.
I feel the same. I myself am pretty anti-cover. My kids don't like it, I don't like it, and I feel like I may as well wave a sign over my head that says "Hey, look at me! I'm nursing my baby!!" Whereas if I don't cover, 90% of people have no idea I'm even nursing. If some mamas want to whip out the top of their shirt - fine. If some want to pitch a tent - fine. But NO mama should EVER be made to feel like she should not feed her child right where she's at. If mom and baby are both legally allowed to be in that place, then mom and baby are legally allowed to nurse.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #28
DakotaRose
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't think you did anything wrong at all. When our babies need to eat we should not be ashamed to feed them. When I am in public and in a place that might bother others I simply cover my child a bit more then normal and nurse. I do shows so I have had to nurse in all sorts of places. Many times people don't know what you are doing anyways. I think you were fine in what you did and it sounds like your husband was the one with the problem at the time.

Blessings,
Lydia
Old 04-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #29
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did ask him why he thought it was inappropriate, and he replied "I just don't see why you couldn't have fed him in the van." I had a big flannel receiving blanket over us, no one saw anything (fortunately DS doesn't mind being covered up, it makes it easier).

And to that, you should have said "I just don't see why I couldn't have fed him in the bank".
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #30
dbassett
Registered Users

I would have nursed DS right there in the bank I would have kicked DBF in the butt for saying something like that and he knows it - in fact he pretty much said that as long as you weren't in someones way then it's not inappropriate.
I have feedback here of course as well as here
dbassett is offline   Reply With Quote