Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #11
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it normal for BF babies to be "extra" clingy?

Clingy=bonded=exactly how babies should be IMO

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #12
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sounds like a high needs baby. Bf or not, you'd still have this behavior. It's most likely your LO's personality.

FWIW, I bf both of my kids and they were pretty laid-back. However, DD could be put down and would entertain herself for 10ish minutes while DS could not (he was my wailer). OTOH, DS went to sleep by himself by 2wks old. He didn't want to co-sleep; he wanted his own space, while DD had to be cuddled to sleep (but I could get up after putting her down). DD took a paci (and would take pumped milk in a bottle), DS would not.

My kids are now 2 and 4. They are highly independent, happy kids. They can play together w/ little input from me. DD puts herself to sleep and stays in her room all night. DS lays in his bed, but wants one of us in his room until he goes to sleep. He sleeps about 9-10 hrs, but then wants a diaper change and cuddles before going back to sleep for another 1-3 hrs.

I know it seems hard now, but you'll make it. Your baby sounds like a normal 1mo baby who is a little more needy than some. Hang in there. It will get better. (In the meantime, you'll learn how to eat w/ a baby in one arm )
Old 09-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #13
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

nak. my son was/is this way. my daughters were/are not.

i think its personality, not the nursing. ds is 3 and still super clingy
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #14
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with the others that it is more personality then BFing. I BF mine and one super independent the first and one more clingy. He has somewhat out grown at 2. it I just need to be in site for the most part. He still wants held/cuddled way more than my first ever did.

I say buy a good wrap or carrier and just snuggle her. Like one other poster said the more she is comforted the more at ease she may become and you will be able to put her down more.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #15
ellen97
Registered Users
seller

My first and third babies hated/hate the swing, but #2 loved it. My first and third are cryers, the second wasn't. My second is only 2.5 but I don't have any memories of him crying as an infant. My current new one (almost 4 months) is so much like my first, it's scary! All breastfed

Love Scentsy? https://ellendavila.scentsy.us/Home
ellen97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #16
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! I'll try to dig out my Moby, the weather is turning cooler, maybe we can figure out that carrier. LOL

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #17
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

My DD2 was like this until she could sit up on her own. When she was younger, especially the 1st 3 months, mama leaving was the end of the world. I just held her as much as she wanted, used my husband and mother to help me out, encouraged her to explore, and she ended up getting a lot better once she was sitting crawling. I also discovered that if I would hand her off to daddy or grandma, she actually did better if she didn't see OR hear me, she would stay with them for up to 30-45 min, but if she saw or heard me, it was all over.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #18
kilahree
Registered Users

Before I had my DS I would have said, "Yes, it's normal for all BF babies" since my only experience was my DD. Now I say no. My DD, which I didn't realize until she was over a year old, was a very "high needs" baby, and still is very "high needs" as a toddler. She needs constant contact with me, needs stimulations 24/7, etc. Not a bad thing, just makes things exhausting. You will likely not get sleep until your DD is much, much older though, unless you are comfortable allowing her to litterally cry for hours when she is older. My DS on the other hand, will be 5 weeks Sunday, and he sleeps just fine on his own, doesn't "need" to be held unless he's eating. It's such a drastic difference from my DD.
kilahree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #19
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

Sounds normal to me - Of course, I only have my one ds to go by as experience, but I couldn't set him down for 5-10 minutes without him screaming until he was 4 months old. Even then it was rare for him to nap 20 minutes on his own. You'll get through it mama Before you know it these days will be behind you & you'll be wishing your lo wanted to snuggle

Blame the typos on the iPad!
ho11yb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #20
cbreeding
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandasmom View Post
I had one daughter who was like that, and was for a looooong time, and one daughter who, at that age, didn't need much attention at all! (She still got it, though. ) It's probably just your baby's personality.

I did breastfeed both of them. (Still bf the younger one.)
This has been my experience with my two girls too. Even now my oldest likes having company in the room even if you're not interacting with her while my youngest is often fine occupying herself for stretches at a time.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote