Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

Could this be a UTI? 26 m/o girl

I know UTI's are hard to dx in toddlers. I can't figure out if this is a possibility or not.

DD is potty trained during the day and then I left her in panties at night after about a week of dry mornings.

Then, I bought a new baby wash, California Baby no fragrance. I was using Aveno baby wash. I mention this b/c a friend of mine w/ 9 kids said her youngest had more accidents when she had too many bubble baths. I thought the CB would be better than aveno, though.

With in a week, DD started waking up wet, three out of four mornings, so I put her back in a diaper at night.

Last weekend she got a cough/cold and ran a fever. it feels like her 2 year molars are coming in. She's not eating normally. Today she had two pee accidents, one right next to the potty. No fever since Tuesday. She has been super fussy, she's normally pretty easy going. AFAIK, no pain when urinating or otherwise (except maybe gums).

Hope this makes sense. It just seems like all her symptoms could be something else and I want to avoid an unnecessary trip to the dr.

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Could this be a UTI? 26 m/o girl

Is there any chance she is constipated? My daughter has twice had accidents, that lasted a couple days since potty training. The second time it happened, I asked my son's pediatrician about it since he had an exam. The doctor said "I can almost guarantee that she is constipated!" So we upped her fiber gummy intake, she started pooping again, and would be accident free again. The issue is that the excess bowel pushes on the bladder, causing the feeling that she needs to urinate.
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Mrsfroberg
Registered Users

Re: Could this be a UTI? 26 m/o girl

My son (2.5) just had a UTI, and he screamed bloody murder every time he peed until the meds kicked in. I would say it's not a UTI.

Alli: loving wife to my geeky Air Force Computer Engineer , Brandon
Mommy to: Audrey (2.10.07), William (2.16.09), and Eloise (8.10.10)
Maxwell & Charlotte (3.13.2012)

Mrsfroberg is offline   Reply With Quote