Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Willum'smom
Registered Users
seller

Puzzled - a dry diaper...?

So for the last two nights DS (7.5mo) has not peed at night...at all. We're talking about a 12 hour stretch. Once he is awake he waits about a half hour and then we have a super flood. Has anyone experienced this? He is on some solids but nurses well in the morning and evening and appears to be taking in a normal amount at daycare.

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My LO is 6 months and I've noticed a dry diaper after 6-8 hours too. I guess they are getting to where they can hold it longer.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Puzzled - a dry diaper...?

Yep, its totally normal. You should check out the "Elimination Communication" forum - they talk about this phenomenon. Most people don't even notice but it is very common. My LO has been doing this since he was about 4.5 months. We would take him and put him in the bath tub in the morning as soon as he woke up and "let 'er rip!" Saved a diaper and sometimes a soak-through mess. lol

So, for the people that say that babies aren't capable of "holding it" I would have to disagree. They can and I think you've seen this first hand.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

my oldest did this. it was super easy to potty train her. well she actually did it herself. she's 6 now and still will not pee at all at night and wait 30 mins to over an hour until she actually has to go to the bathroom.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrc View Post
my oldest did this. it was super easy to potty train her. well she actually did it herself. she's 6 now and still will not pee at all at night and wait 30 mins to over an hour until she actually has to go to the bathroom.
That is so interesting to me! I was wondering if it would translate to easier potty-training... nice. I like hearing that.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

Mine did that all the time! I was so alarmed when she was about 6 weeks old and not peeing overnight anymore. For us it didn't translate into super early potty learning though as she's 3 now and still in diapers. However, she's still not much of a nighttime wetter.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #7
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Totally normal for my DS. He started to stay night dry at about 6 months. He has had maybe 5 accidents at night between 6 months and 18 months. DS was very easy to potty train and has been in 100% undies since 20-21 months. We would offer the potty before bed and after waking, and he was fine. I did learn I was about the same age as DS when I started to be night dry too, so it can happen
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote