Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Expirence with a sony babycall monitor?

This is a very popular monitor, I see them in a lot of stores and a number of friends homes. We decided to get a regular monitor (not video) with one reciever and this one at 40 bucks fit the bill. It came on a high reccomendation from my SIL who loves her's, it has a nice feature making it only turn on when it "hears" a sound.
Well as it turns out this monitor is AWFUL! All night long it makes a click click click click noise like it hears something in the room, but the baby's room is silent (no air, no fan, no clicking!) The sensor will turn on then off and back on again, it drives me nuts, it is not out of range, the babys room is 2 feet away and we have tried all 3 channels.
So I wrote it off as baby monitors being obnoxious and too sensitive for their own good.
Then I borrowed my MIL's monitor, a cheapo safety first one from a consignment store, SILENCE! It doesnt do anything but let me hear when the baby makes a noise! And I can go to my kitchen without it beeping the "out of range alarm" at me. I can finally sleep in silence.. which made me wonder.. is my monitor defective? should i call the company? i hate that i spent money on something that drives me nuts and doesnt work right, any expirence with this monitor or the company or customer service for sony?
thanks for any help!

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Babybliss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Expirence with a sony babycall monitor?

Mine worked just fine when it was new but then started doing what you are describing just after a few months. It used to drive me insane! I figured it was from being dropped pretty good a few times. Used to drive me insane! I just replaced it the other day and I went all office space style on the old one. Did you buy it new? Have you ever dropped yours?
Babybliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

i've had mine for 6 years and i still love it. no clicks or interference at all. i keep mine on continuous sound though not just the when it hears a noise setting.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have the one with 27 channels and have never had any problems with it. In fact we liked it so much that we bought the same one so that we can listen to two rooms at the same time.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
KLJ07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have the same monitor, and I HATE it!! It's always beeping at me telling me it's out of range when I'm right in the next room. I have had better luck with the cheapie ones! Oh, and ours is about a year old, and it's been having problems for the past 6 months or so.
KLJ07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
Anniee19
Registered Users
seller

We never use the sound sensor setting, but we did have a problem with static and the out of range beeping. I wrote to the company to complain and they sent a troubleshooting guide. After adjusting through quite a few channels, we found one that worked well and we haven't had a single problem since. BTW- there are more than 3 channels. You can set them to RRG, RYG, YGG, etc- ABC don't all have to be set on the same channel. Just make sure both receivers match.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
payger
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have the same problem! I should play with the channels more that is a great idea.. If it doesn't work I may just throw it out he window! The out of range beeps are ANNOYING!
payger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moobiegirl
We have the one with 27 channels and have never had any problems with it. In fact we liked it so much that we bought the same one so that we can listen to two rooms at the same time.
Same.

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #9
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrc View Post
i've had mine for 6 years and i still love it. no clicks or interference at all. i keep mine on continuous sound though not just the when it hears a noise setting.
same for us also. I received one at my shower for DS1 7.5 years ago and it works fine. I even purchased a second one when DS2 was born so I didn't have to move them around and it also works fine. The only thing that went wrong was that it would occasionally pick up neighbor's phone calls, but our video monitor did that too (even picked up other video ).
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybliss
Mine worked just fine when it was new but then started doing what you are describing just after a few months. It used to drive me insane! I figured it was from being dropped pretty good a few times. Used to drive me insane! I just replaced it the other day and I went all office space style on the old one. Did you buy it new? Have you ever dropped yours?
We did buy ours new, and I actually have never dropped it! It does have the 27 channels, but would changing those help with the clicking? It clicks weather it is on sensor or continuous mode! This thing is really just so loud!