Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #11
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: For parents whose kids share rooms

DS1 had his own room until he was about 4. At that point I weaned DS2 out of my bed and into bed with his older brother. They LOVE sharing a room. They sleep in the same bed (a queen size bed) and even share a PILLOW for crying out loud. LOL In fact, the other night I had the AUDACITY to put a second pillow on the bed, and DS1 got upset and said "But mom.. you KNOW N likes to share the pillow with me." And he picked up the second pillow and tossed it to the foot of the bed. LOL

DS2 was about 2 when I put him in the room with his brother.

God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS1 was 2 when DS2 was born. They each had their own rooms, DS1 moved up to a "big boy bed" etc. Honestly if we only had two kids, they would have their own rooms.

Then DS3 was born so DS1 and 2 shared. Tight squeeze as they were too young for bunkebeds(5 and 3). We finally got them bunkbeds this year(7 and 5) and it is much better.

Now we are expecting another boy and I'm kinda going insane right now with all the closet arranging etc. In fact the "nursery" (ds3 room) is a wreck today as I'm going through fall clothes, baby clothes.

We will have the new baby(due in less than 7 weeks) stay in our room for a long time. I wouldn't trust a toddler and a new baby or baby under one in a room together.

But, funnily enough I have two neighbours/friends who's kids could each have their own room and they choose to have the kids share a room. Then they have a spare room/guest room/office etc.

My older kids are not bad, but sometimes they can be gigglers etc after lights out which can drive me crazy. Good part is they are great buddies, ODS reads to DS2 everynight and I think they will remember these days fondly.

We will be moving next year(DH's job) anyway or otherwise move to a extra bedroom house. It would be a bit nuts(for me!) having two boys in one bedroom, two boys in another as the rooms are 10X12 and 10x10. I think one more bedroom would work and then just have two boys share a room.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I will say that often my boys will end up sleeping in the same bed too! Especially before they had bunkbeds, but still at least 2/3 times a month they still sleep together, very cute.....
Old 10-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #14
justjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have all 4 of my boys sharing a room! They don't climb into each others beds but there are tw sets of bunk beds and they range in age from 2-8. So far they love sharing and when we asked about having separate rooms they got upset
Jessica wife to my sexy soldier SAHM to THE BOSS(9) THE SCIENTIST(8) THE CLOWN(5) THE CRAZY(3) and MISSY MOO(1) and #6 arriving summer 2013!!!
find me on FBmy ISO/IHA
justjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #15
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My 3 girls share a room by choice. ODD is in a twin and the younger 2 sleep together in a full. They are 8, 6, 4. There are no toys in there - they are in the extra living room. We have a 4 bedroom house and one more girl on the way. I have tried to give my oldest her own room several times and she always ends up back in with her sisters. I was an only child who desperately wanted siblings and to share a room so I don't blame them lol.

Bebegurl will have her own room till she is ready for a regular bed and then I will split them 2 and 2. The extra bedroom is my WAHM space but I will give that up some day if I need to.
DS WAHM thread

Last edited by Bukawww; 10-02-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #16
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is 9 and DD is 6 and they have shared a room since DD outgrew the bassinet. Even when DD was sleeping in our room I would put her down for a nap in the nursery. When DD outgrew the crib, they slept in a double bed together. This past summer we finally got bunkbeds.

We have a two bedroom house, so we really don't have much of a choice at the moment. But we have a room over the garage that we'd like to make into a bedroom someday when we can afford it.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #17
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

My boys are 6 and 3.5 and have shared a room since DS2 stopped cosleeping. They love it. It's a little harder at bedtime because they tend to keep each other up. Also, because my older DS has Aspergers he sometimes needs more alone time, and then DS2 has to play in the living room. We are currently pregnant with another LO and will have to move within a year or a year and a half because our condo is only a 2 bd, 2 bath.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My kids have always shared rooms...

right now I have a 4 bedroom house so we have

me, fiancee' Jessika an Karlee in 1 room
Kady and Konner in another room
Alex Abbi and Anna in 1 room
Kris Ayden and Jimmy in the 4th room
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote