Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
All it does is completely wear me out. It does not contribute significantly to our income. I'm thinking it might be time to be done. The main problem is I work evenings and weekends. By the evening time, I am so tired I can barely function, let alone drive 30 minutes and be useful on the job.

After yesterday, my body feels completely sore. My back is hurting to the point that I don't want to get out of bed. My neck hurt, my legs hurt, enduring hurts. I slept like crap, and I do not want to go in today at all.

Is it horrible that I want to just quit? I'm completely not reliable at this point, and it's only getting worse as the pregnancy progresses.

Update:
I'm not working anymore. Apparently my body was trying to tell me to take it easy because I started having too many contractions and losing my mucus plug. My midwife said no more working, so I've been taking it easy at home.

Advertisement

Last edited by JeDeeLenae; 10-20-2011 at 02:56 PM.
JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
rkw
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: 30 weeks pregnant and sick of work.

It is tough when you don't feel well. I work as a teacher and was so glad I was at summer and off when I was close to my biggest point with my son. If you can do without the income, could you take a leave of absence or get a medical excuse to give you some time to figure out if you want to stay there or do something else?
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

i feel ya! I'm about 33 weeks and my morning sickness seems to be getting WORSE rather than better! Everyday I go to work and think "just make it to lunch". Ok now "just make it to the end of the day". I am determined not to take any sick days before the baby is born. I actually love my job, so that makes it much better.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Talk to your hr dept. About fmla leave.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

I feel the same way. I'm holding out until I can get a doctor's excuse to stop working because that will quallify me for short-term disability and I'll still have my job to go back to after maternity leave.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aahhh I feel your pain mama, just remember how totally worth it it is in the end!! "Keep your eye on the prize."
Old 10-20-2011, 04:01 AM   #7
EmmaKai
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Working in late pregnancy is noooo fun, ESP with nights and weekends- I did that the first time. Looking back and being 32 weeks pregnant now (working FT days)- respecting your body and stress/fatigue levels is the most important thing. Going to work exhausted isn't good for you or baby... Any chance of finding daytime hours?? If this is what you have to do, just know "this too shall pass"
EmmaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
babychase
Registered Users

I'm only 25 weeks and I'm sick of it too! My income pays for groceries and all of our baby gear that has been purchased but my boyfriend could easily support us with his income. It makes it very hard to not go to work when I know he is working 90 hour weeks in the oil field to support us I would LOVE to be done but I know I'll go crazy sitting at home.

Good luck!
babychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
nounouque
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and took almost all last week off work. Not interested anymore, getting tired and bored. Just can't wait to meet the little boy that is growing in me!
nounouque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #10
macreuter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you have short-term disability, definitely try to get certified by your doctor so you can stop working!
macreuter is offline   Reply With Quote